14

Mars was woken up from her alarm at five in the morning. She groaned but quickly changed into running gear. It was her latest fit craze. She tied her tennis shoes and trotted down the stairs.

Her morning runs weren't as bad as she thought they would be. She could think and sort out her thoughts. She would stop at the little park with a bench surrounded by flowers. She would pick out her favorite flowers and bundle them up with a flexible twig. She would sit there with her ear-buds in and think. She was at her quietest moment of the day, her thoughts at peace and no voices yelling at her.

She thought about how her and Michael avoided each other yesterday day. They were likely to encounter the same thing today. She doubted that he remembered the kiss and she didn't want to. She wasted her first kiss on some douche-bag asshole who most likely was just horny and decided to use her. She shivered from the thought and got up from the bench. She continued her way home so she could get ready for school.

She opened up her locker but a hand slammed it down. She was familiar with the anchor tattoo on the knuckle and sighed.

Michael (aka dick face)

"What do you want?" She whispered before trying to open up her locker again.

"For you to realize you need clothes that actually fit your fat body," He snickered, his friends around him laughing. They left after more crude jokes, Mars' energy slowly depleting as she walked to class.

Why can't I just be normal and not get bullied?