Epilogue

Michael stood with his seven year-old son, Henry, in the meadow of flowers he still remembers from years ago.

"This is where I fell in love for the first time," Michael squeezed his son's hand as they walked along  the trail that he took 5 years ago to let go of Mars Jenkins.

"Was it with mommy?" Henry smiled as he looked up to his dad, a fake lip ring across his tiny lips.

"No, it was with a girl who is...gone," Michael smiled sadly as he stared at the trees.

"Oh, did Uncle Luke, Calum, and Ashton know her?" Henry squeezed his dad's hand, making sure to not upset him.

"Yes, we all knew her very well," Michael sighed.

"Did you like her?" Henry asked quietly.

"Yes, I did and I always will. She was a very special person to me. That doesn't mean that I don't love mommy though." Michael smiled thinking of his wife and walked with his son back down the path towards their car.

"That's good because mommy is very nice," Henry jumped over a tree branch.

"Yes, she is," Michael laughed as they disappeared behind the berry bushes.

"Can we go get our second lunch now?"

"Of course, Henry. I'm starving."

A/N: This is my first author's note and I'm Kenzie so hi.

A sad ending to the book probably upset a lot of you and maybe you didn't enjoy it but I wanted it to end because this was the most realistic thing for Mars, in my opinion. I hope you all can deal and support that.

I also want to say thanks for being such great readers. Those who vote and comment make my day and I love interacting with you guys.

For now, I'm taking a break from writing until the summer so I can focus on my schoolwork. When i come out with new stuff I promise I will notify you.

I also wanted to thank StarCrossed13 because she has influenced and reviewed this book so much. You should all check out her amazing books and I'll leave a synopsis of one down below.

Dear Niall,

Death
/deth/
Noun
The action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.

"I'm dying from the inside out, Niall. And you are the only person who can save me from my fate. But you're six feet under and I'm trying to keep myself from digging my own grave."
---
"A beautiful rendition of  Romeo and Juliet." -My Mom.

I love you guys so much and please keep reading- it's art.

Kenxie xx