47

Michael sat next to Mars as Mrs. Copenhagen pulled out her notepad.

"You must be Michael I presume. Glad you came to the right decision, Mars," Mrs. Copenhagen smiled as Michael nodded.

"Is she getting better?" Michael blurted out, slowly squeezing her hand.

Mrs. Copenhagen stared at Mars before giving a large smile to Michael, "Yes, she is getting better. Thanks to you."

Michael blushed as Mrs. Copenhagen started again, this time a question for the patient.

"Are you eating the 3 meals a day?"

Mars shook her head, "I have gotten 2 down. I am trying to eat lunch."

Mrs. Copenhagen nodded, "That is good enough for now. Are you sleeping well?"

Mars blushed as she remembered her and Michael cuddled together on her bed last night, "Yea, I have been sleeping very well."

Michael listened as the therapy session went on longer. He cared about Mars a lot and was happy when he was invited to the daily Wednesday meeting. Michael wanted her to get better and if he knew what she needed to get help on, he could help. All he wanted was to help his kitten.

In the end, Mrs. Copenhagen was proud of the outcome of the session and left a pizza on their way.

"It's on me," She said before handing them a $5 bill and calling the pizza parlor before leaving.

Michael soon kissed Mars and the cheek and pulled her close. Netflix booting up.

"I'm happy you let me come." Michael said, "I want to help my baby girl."

Mars snuggled into Michael, her small arms enclosed around his waist. The sound of the pizza guy's car outside.