05

Mars was already annoyed with the entire student body, and she barely stepped into the high school's hallway. Her car wouldn't start so she had to walk, too. She had to bring her camera to school today which made her fill with uneasiness. She hated the idea that her therapist was encouraging her to do this but a slight part of her consciousness knew that this would be a way to help her...illness.

Michael saw Mars, within his peripheral vision. He frowned at how scared and embarrassed she looked. He lightly shook his head, whisking away his stupid thoughts into the back of his mind. He really needed to get back into party mode. He replaced the frown with his notorious smirk and laughed at his friends. He couldn't seem to get Mars out of his mind, though. He tried looking at other girls and not even a twinge of his pants tightened. That was something that would happen before puberty and the hormones never inflamed his body then. Michael needed Mars badly; physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Math class wasn't fun for the both of them. He would stare at her, she would avoid him. She was scared and pushing him away. He was intrigued but had too much of an ego to be nice. He wasn't like any normal punk, he had actual feelings and wanted love. Although he would never admit it. She needed love to but she was already broken and had it etched into her mind that she would never and could never be fixed.

"Michael, can you come here please," the teacher flicked her finger back to him, Michael huffing before sauntering over to the large metal desk.

Whispers were softened and exchanged among the student and teacher. Mars was surprised she was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation, and she tried to permanently scream in her mind that she didn't care anyway.

The conversation ended as Michael went out into the hall; Mars snorting gently at the thought of him now walking to the principle's office. That was until the teacher, too, called her up. She gulped as the room suddenly became gossipingly quiet. Mars flared up in embarrassment and quickly twaddled to the desk.

"Um, yes?" she whispered.

"I was hoping you could go to the library so Michael could catch you up on what we have been doing? He did say he could tutor you," the teacher raised an eyebrow before pointing to the door, "Go on, he's waiting for you."

She gave a small smile before grabbing her stuff and heading out the door. Her footsteps echoed against the hallway tile as the library was ahead of her. Michael's blue hair and tattoos stuck out of the heaps of books as he sat in the very corner of the library. She huffed at the thought of him. He was nice and all but he was always hiding something from her. Maybe he was just a dick, her subconscious thought.