69

Her mother, the police, Michael, and all the boys had been searching for a couple of days. Mars had just disappeared and the greatest toll was taken upon Michael.

"Where is she, Calum? Who took her? Where did she go," Michael kicked the side of his dresser and looked at his friend. Bags were under his saddened eyes and his hair had grown out to the point where you can see his natural hair color. His face was scruffy and a dark shadow covered his jawline and chin.

"We'll find her, man. Don't worry," Calum gave a small smile to Michael.

"But when?" Michael whispered and sat on his bed, "What if Mars is dead by then?"

Calum frowned and profusely shook his head. He didn't speak for he knew that his lies wouldn't help his friend.

"All we can do is hope, Michael," Calum sighed, "You can't keep having these thoughts. It will only make you worse. Come on, we will go over to Ashton's house and relax." Calum tugged on Michael's arm before grabbing his keys and sliding out of the house.

"What if Ashton took her?" Michael questioned, "I mean, he never really did like her and when she came back he got really fucked up. What if he took my kitten?"

Calum looked at his best friend in fear, "Ashton could never kidnap the girl. He may be rude but he knows when to stop. Ashton wouldn't do something this illegal."

Michael slowly nodded in agreement but his thoughts told him to go there with caution. He knew somebody took her and it could have been Ashton for all we know. Derek could have taken her as well. Michael just needed to look for her- he needed her back.

Calum tapped his friend on the shoulder, snapping Michael out of his daze. Calum nodded his head over to the house and unlocked the car doors. Michael breathed deeply and stepped out. He had to make up something to see if she was here.

"Hey guys," Ashton softly said as he opened the door wider. His eyes had dark circles and bags underneath. His posture was hunched over and his hands were shaking.

"Bro, what the is wrong with you? You look horrible," Calum asked.

"I've just had a lot of things going on right now," Ashton yawned and rubbed his eyes.

Like keeping my Mars from me by kidnapping, Michael thought.

"That sucks, man. Do you mind if I use your bathroom," Michael shrugged.

Ashton nodded and walked back into the basement with Calum.

"I'll be quick," Michael gave a fake smile before quickly running up the stairs and opening the first door.

Nobody was in any of the rooms upstairs, making Michael sigh. He was so sure that Ashton took her. Why else would Ashton be all fidgety and tired?

"Michael, are you done yet?" Ashton popped his head through the basement door, his curly hair propped in front of his face.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I dozed off," Michael shrugged and forced a small chuckle before heading through the door.

Where was Mars?