25

Mars liked to think her's and Michael's relationship was set to "complicated". On the other hand, Michael assumed he would be taking her out pretty soon. Two different mind sets and here they were in the cafeteria, taking not-so-subtle glances at each other before quickly looking away with a red face.

Mars eventually got up and headed outside, kicking away a cigarette next to a big tree. Michael saw this as the perfect opportunity.

"I'm going in, fellas," He smiled nervously and got up from the lunch table.

They hollered and "wooped" as he opened up the door to the outside. He quickly followed the drifting dress that was underneath her sweater to a huge oak tree. She sat down as Michael tripped, falling next to her.

"Um, hi," Michael quietly laughed, turning bright red. She gave a small giggle and he smiled.

"Hey," She whispered, he wondered why she always whispered.

"Do you um, want to go out with me tonight?" Michael scratched behind his head, the classic guy signal for being nervous.

There was a long pause as she thought over her answers, Michael looked like he was going to projectile vomit right then and there. He almost started to sweat as she opened up her mouth. Oh god, was he going to get rejected?

"Okay...," She stared at him before pulling out a book and reading.

"Okay, you said yes. That's cool. Okay then see you....tonight," Michael smiled.

He quickly kissed her cheek before running back to his friends. Mars smiled slightly as she kept reading, pulling the book closer to her.