32

Michael sat along his bed and stared at the ceiling. When he was little he put these glow-in-the-dark star stickers; he would lay down when he was sad or mad and just stare at them. He was always so curious about this one that never glowed.

Finally, one night it was glowing brighter than any of the others and 8-year old Michael smiled.

Now, Michael realized that star was Mars. She made him smile and she was the one that shined greater than any other girl.

He didn't want to lose Mars. She was his little star, she was too important to let go of.

So Michael hoped and begged to God that Mars would come knock on his door and forgive him. Unfortunately, he knew that wasn't going to happen. Mars had no idea where he even lived much less what his house looked like. Michael was stuck in this sad-daze as he waited for his princess charming.

And he kept waiting and waiting and waiting until it was late in the morning; He was too tired to know the exact time but he still waited. The boy could feel the bags forming under his eyes and the darkness setting underneath.

When he woke two hours later, he quickly padded himself down in search of his phone. It wasn't that he was obsessed with it and felt the need to have it but he wanted to look at it and feel it. He grabbed it off his blanket and turned it on. A message from Mars glowing on the screen.

Mars: I made my decision.

Michael started to breathe slightly heavier in the hopes to get more oxygen into his lungs. What was she going to say? Was she going to dump him, which he was foreshadowing in this situation? Was she going to forgive him, the solution he was hoping for?

Michael grabbed his denim jacket and his car keys before quickly running down the stairs. He had to see her right now, even if that meant a little speeding along the way.