25 I sometimes envy humans

Sakura turned around, her back against the seat again and looked at Chaeyeon, examining her side profile.

"You thinking what I am thinking ?"

Again. Silence. Keeping Chaeryeong tense, while she tried to read something out of their heartbeats, waiting for her sister to give any kind of answer.

There was a pause, the driver's concentration divided between the street and Sakura's soft gaze on her.

Chaeyeon sighed and nodded lightly, she knew what Sakura was thinking about, how could she not. "At least that could explain why she wouldn't open up to my sister...." On a second thought. "Do you remember how it was for you, love ?"

Sakura smiled bittersweet. Of course she did. "A devils voice with no game control."

Chaeryeong perked up at that. "What are you two talking about ?! Can somebody please fill me in ? I am getting really anxious here on my own."

At that, Sakura turned around and surprised Chaeryeong by standing up, her head and neck pressing against the car's ceiling in the process, before she clumsily joined Chaeryeong in the backseat row.

The redhead looked at her, confusion and faint amusement written on her face.

The older vampire got comfortable next to Chaeryeong and took her hands in hers.

"You see.. this thing kind of happened to me, too...." A sigh left her lips.  "I wasn't prepared for it" A turned gaze towards Chaeyeon. "...we weren't .... but now, now that I went through it, I can help you."

"We?" Chaeryeong asked, it was the only narrative she was able to understand.

Sakura nodded. "your sister, her friends and my friends."

Chaeryeong tilted her head. "And you were acting like Yeji ?"

"Yeah, I think so,...let me guess, she emotionally distances herself from you and has extreme mood swings, which ended in sudden rage outbreaks that were directed at you or Yuna."

The redhead's eyes widened at that. "Why would she fight us?!.... what happened on that trip?!!" She exclaimed, her gaze shifting from Sakura to Chaeyeon.

"Nothing!" Sakura called out. She looked at Chaeryeong, squeezing the younger's hand, waiting for her to share the eye-contact again.

Chaeryeong surely looked at her, this time a deep concerned frown between her eyebrows.

"So.... nothing happened?"

The oldest nodded frantic. "Yes, don't worry, everyone's alright. The whole group is well.. it just came to a point were it got really messy and that was mostly my fault. And now that I experienced the whole thing I am able to help you and Yeji."

Chaeryeong exhaled relieved. She still wasn't sure what this was all about, but at least she didn't have to worry about worse things. Looking at Sakura, she felt a smile turning on her lips, a silent comfort that there was someone able to help her.

Sakura sighed slowly, preparing herself for the next part.

"Look, Chaery, you probably know a lot about pack behaviour in a closed group of vampires right? They teach that in school, don't they?"

Chaeryeong nodded slowly, trying to find the connection between what Sakura was trying to hint and what they were actually talking about.

"In a group of vampires, who reside for a relatively long time far away from any kind of clan superiority, the strongest one get's the urge to take over and dominate over the others, their vampire instincts making them want to claim dominance. They become the leader of the pack and chose or rather get a second in command. The strongest one next to the leader... but what has that to do with anything ?"