26 And nevertheless, here you are

The trio soon arrived at their destination. And as soon as Chaeyeon pulled up on the drive way, two happy faces greeted them coming down the porch.

"Chaeyeon!" Yeji yelled excited, before running in human speed to the car and engulfing the black haired girl in a heartfelt hug, who had just opened her door mere seconds ago.

"Yeji! I missed you buddy." Chaeyeon answered, hugging right back. Melting into the warm embrace of her dear friend.

Sakura smiled at the sight, getting off the car only to find Yuna right in front of her. The younger had slowly approached her, now rocking nervously on her two feet.

Seeing that the younger was too shy to ask, Sakura took the lead, opening her arms.

"Come here, you baby. I missed you so much kid."

Yuna rolled her eyes at the other before closing the gap and hugging the brunette. "You know being so small makes you the kid here, unnie."

As a response Yuna got a slap to her arm, but she only grinned in victory. They parted and their height difference was surely something adorable. The older was almost a head smaller and her attempted angry expression looked cute out of Yuna's perspective.

Yeji had finally let go of her friend and while Chaeyeon was still smiling at her, trapped in memories and a nostalgic past, the feline made quick use of it, ruffling Chaeyeon's hair so hard that she started to resemble a distraught hedgehog in only a matter of seconds.

The victim screeched startled, directly trying to pry Yeji's hands from her hair. But it was in vain.

Chaeyeon was helpless. Caged in the driver's seat, with no way to escape without hurting herself.  Crashing into the gear shift behind her, her head almost meeting the car roof. "Stop! Yeji, you idiot!!" Chaeyeon exclaimed out frustrated.

The girl in question laughed amused, a gleeful smile on her lips. Satisfied, she turned around, catching a certain someone's attention.

The redhead that had been busy carrying the bags inside, taking the unloading of the car as a personal quest, stood now in the house door, leant against the door frame. She had been watching Yuna and Sakura, chuckling lightly to herself, when she felt a pull from the other side of the car. She redirected her attention, gazing right back into an almost curious gaze.

Chaeyeon and Sakura definitely hadn't forgotten what Chaeryeong had told them on the way here, they were observing, attentive, trying to go about this whole matter discreetly.

And right now under the scrutinizing gazes Chaeryeong didn't know if she should be grateful or alarmed. She had already assumed that the pair would take up their role on observing them, especially Yeji, to find out if their theory had been right.

But before Chaeryeong could even start her own share of deciphering the meaning behind Yeji's eyes, the older called out her name, the sudden tension dissolving almost immediately.

"When did you actually plan to tell us about your little trip back home?" Yeji asked, raising an eyebrow. At first glance the redhead truthfully second guessed if Yeji was being playful or serious. But on a better look, considering that the older was slowly approaching her, she found a smile and an open heart.

Chaeryeong laughed at the question. "Well, to be honest it was spontaneous... but I put a post-it note on the kitchen drawer.. didn't you see it?"

Yeji shook her head amused. "It's not as if I often go to the kitchen, Chaer. But that's fine, you didn't run into any trouble?"

"No, ....nothing I can't handle." Chaeryeong said, staring right back at the black haired vampire in front of her. I got a bigger problem here  It wasn't said, but somehow both could still hear it heavy in their chests.