36 Dubious stupidity doesn't look good on you

It didn't take long for Minjeong to finally understand.

"So half-vampire?" She had asked, watching Yuna nod as an answer.

And then Yeji started to explain in further detail what bond shifting meant and Minjeong had listened with intent.

Chaeryeong soon joining them and filling up the conversation, Yuna and Yeji taking turns trying to explain their rituals as good as possible.

Then Minjeong started to fulfill her part. Everything that she knew, from the vampire clans, the rules, the overall societal dynamics in this city to trivial things. Hospitals that offer blood without questions, supernatural bars, underground tunnels and checkpoints.

And then she opened up even more. This time a lot more personal. Maybe because the vampires had done the same. Maybe because she couldn't hold her tongue and let curious gazes and warm scents lull her in.

The wolf started easy, explained how a werewolf pack worked, what it meant to be an alpha-

Surely, they already knew all that. They were all old enough to know things here and there about each other. Either through books and classes or through interactions and own experiences.

Nevertheless, it felt as if they were all in school again, some things already taught once or twice, others new. Minjeong made clear that her experience is an exception, not the norm, and it made everything leaving her lips even more interesting.

It was time-consuming.

She asked Yeji about her past feelings and emotions surrounding the time before the bond shifting. And Chaeryeong seemed more than happy to explain in detail what had happened that day.

Minjeong watched in horror a crescendo forming inside the living room. She blinked a few times, finding Yeji who was pointing to the crooked part of the couch.

The vampire had a hue of embarrassment flowing around her, while Yuna and Chaeryeong seemed almost timid. But their words tumbled out of their mouth, unchained and raw.

All four let loose. Saying and telling what they had kept to themselves, Minjeong blooming inside walls that weren't even hers.

"So that's why you offered me to do the promise with you separately...."

Yuna nodded. "I wasn't bounded to them, still am not."

Minjeong hummed.

A warm mood settled around them.

And Minjeong felt her heart soaring. Finding Yeji smiling her way, the wolf had the feeling that the mission was accomplished.

Minjeong slept at their place for two more day. Every morning going to school with at least one of them.

There they would meet the hunters. More often than not.

--- ---

This morning, Yuna and Minjeong had walked next to each other, talking idly about something that had happened on their way to college when they came along Ryujin standing at the entrance.

The hunter had watched from afar.

"What got you so happy on this wonderful morning?"

Yuna had smiled softly. "An old lady lost her glasses and asked us to help her find it, only for it to be on the crown of her head, in her hair..."

Ryujin stared at her, grinning widely. "Did you save her?"

"Of course," Minjeong nodded strongly. "What kind of people wouldn't have...."