34 Welcome to the hell show

Chaeryeong nodded at Yeji's suggestion. "Yeah, just ask away...we will decide if we are comfortable enough to tell you."

Yuna hummed, encouraging Minjeong further.

"Well...I guess... what do you really want to do here?"

Yeji laughed. "The important questions first, right?"

"We are from another city, far away from here.." Yuna answered. "And we truly came here to study,.. there were no other motives.."

"Why come all the way here only to study?"

Yuna looked at Yeji, the older returning her gaze. "Our clan has a messy history with the college's near us, so the board send us here."

Minjeong perked up. "The board?"

Yeji nodded firmly. "They are like our bosses. The ones that rule the whole clan."

"So you are truly clan members?" Minjeong spoke.

"Mhm." Chaeryeong hummed.

"That means you must have those runes too, right?" Minjeong questioned almost childlike. A new found revelation, making her eyes glint in interest.

Yuna chuckled. "Yes, we do."

Minjeong than fiddled with her fingers, already knowing what she wants to ask next.

Yeji laughed. "How about we come clean first?"

She stood up, walking around the small couch table to crouch down before Minjeong.

She looked up at her, a smile directed at the blonde in front of her. From this angle Minjeong found Yeji maybe a little friendlier than before. A little softer.

"How do I know that I can trust you?" Minjeong questioned.

"A promise." Yeji stated.

"Didn't you say that you wanted a promise vampire style?" Chaeryeong commented amused, watching how the realisation hit the blonde next to her.

"You-u mean, with the bite and stuff?"

Yuna chuckled. "Yeah, that's what she means."

"Honor and blood on the line?"

Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow. "Why so nervous all of the sudden? Perhaps you have something to tell us.... maybe someone waiting outside for the perfect moment to attack" She stated, her voice dropping a third.

Yeji's and Yuna's scent turning sour. Defensive.

"No!" Minjeong almost yelled out. Looking around she really hoped that they could differentiate her heartbeat picking up because of fear and not because of a lie.

Deciding to a more obvious measure she took the nearest hand, which was Chaeryeong's and slowly guided it against her chest, right above her heart.

The redhead inhaled sharply at the touch, suddenly all she could hear was another rhythm pulsing in her veins.

Afraid of what would happen if she let her gaze drop to their intertwined hands, she kept her eyes trained on Minjeong's.

Minjeong let her gaze drift around the room, Yeji still crouched before them.

She took a deep breath and then said as sincerely as possibly, gaze fixed on Chaeryeong. "I promise I am alone. I promise that all I've said until now was the truth, and I promise to try to help you as good as I possibly can."