41 An eye for an eye

Yuna ran like no tomorrow. 

She could hear someone high on her heels, laughter echoing against the walls.

Yuna had no idea where she was, her senses overstimulated with human heartbeats and the stench of blood in every damn corner. And the worst of all; she couldn't seem to concentrate.

She tried, really tried. But every time she willed herself to focus, a fleeting image of Chaeryeong's unconscious body took up the spaces in her mind. Making her desperate in the way she could hear the redhead's voice ringing in her head.

Her nose started to hurt, the reek making her nauseous. It was all around her, hanging off the halls, suffocating her. Making her stumble disoriented.

With half a mind, Yuna looked at her arms, finding that the incisions had healed already. She sighed relieved, at least the needles hadn't been silver, too.

With this new found information she found hope, adrenaline pumping through her veins.

Right behind her was Ningning, easily following the blood trail on the ground. The werewolf was in no rush whatsoever, almost strolling through the hallways. She could smell Yuna from a far distance and knew to store her energy. Their little hostage won't get far.

-- --

Sooner than anticipated Yuna got hopelessly lost. Breath uneven, heart racing. She could feel the wolf closing up the distance between them. 

Could feel a dark shadow swallowing her up. 

Yuna sighed resigned, readying herself to fight until her last breath. Her eyes turned red, fangs piercing her gums, shoulders squared up.

She hissed, a low growl leaving her lips.

When suddenly a voice roared.

"Where is she?!" 

It echoed through the whole facility and reached the vampire like waves crashing through the shore. Her eyes sparkled a kind of relief she hadn't felt in a while. Because Yuna knew that sound. Could recognize that voice anywhere, the harsh and demanding tone.

Yeji.

Before she could convince herself that it was just a figment of her imagination, she was able to find the older's scent.

Dazed and out of focus, she searched for it.

Yuna limped forward, falling against the wall on her right. Knees bucking, hands dragging against the cold wall. 

But that didn't stop her from walking further, one step after the other, body pressed against the cold concrete.

"HERE!" She yelled, not caring anymore to stay quiet. She felt her head imploding, heartbeat thumping relentlessly behind her eyes. 

There was a loud thud, and then she heard rapid footsteps.

The pattern wasn't what she expected; too uncoordinated for one person.

Oh, there were two people ?    The voice in her head started to slur. Tripping over in a futile attempt to form logical conclusions.

But Chaeryeong had been drugged... She felt her mind racing. 

Yuna's eyesight worsened, eyelids drooping, the hallway closing up before her.