27 The ritual

While Yeji was away, Chaeryeong found herself in the living room with Sakura and Chaeyeon, already guessing what was about to be discussed.

Yuna was in her room, shielding herself, leaving Chaeryeong to contemplate if the youngest had wanted to be apart of this. But then again, if Yuna choose to, she could listen in on them anytime she wanted.

"So, what are you gonna do about Yeji, ryeong?" Her sister asked, facing the redhead in front of her.

Sakura diverted her attention from the book in her hands to the two sisters.

The redhead sighed, she felt clueless. "I really don't know, it's just weird and complicated... how am I supposed to start the whole thing?"

"Well, surely provoking her like that earlier, didn't favor your odds..." Yuna remarked, still in her room, probably on her phone.

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes frustrated, already knowing her sister was holding back her laughter.

Looking up she saw Sakura smiling. "Yuna is right, though.... I mean you didn't have to do that but you still did....so you should probably start on understanding your own actions....and I don't mean that in a bad way..."

Chaeyeon nodded. "You didn't do anything wrong just to clarify,...we just didn't expect that from you."

Chaeryeong rubbed her temple, sighing. She opened her mouth only to close it again.

After another pause. "I honestly don't have a reason,... no idea what got into me. It was..... i was just curious..."

"And you were satisfied with the outcome?" The oldest questioned, a knowing look on her face. In moments like these, Sakura's age and wisdom shined brighter than ever. She seemed to know Chaeryeong's thoughts before they even formed themselves in her mind.

"I don't know how to phrase this without seeming creepy.....but, I was somehow happy." It felt like a revelation, a spark in her eyes. "Almost proud,......proud of her."

Chaeyeon sat up straighter, sporting a grin. "Of course you were, you take pride in a strong leader. Even if she isn't officially your leader right now, your instincts are already accustomed to see her as that."

It's just Yeji who didn't know that. Unfortunate, for them.

Yuna grumbled under her breath. Something about being a whipped loser. The redhead huffed offended. Shut up, you're just jealous She mumbled, a teasing lilt to her whisper.

Sakura shook her head amused.

"It's exciting isn't it?" Her sister then added, her smile widening even more seeing Chaeryeong nodding almost instantly.

Chaeyeon took a second to gather her words, and it seemed as if Sakura already knew were this was going; She shifted back and forth awkwardly.

"Just, you know, .... realising that even though you have so much influence on her current anger issues, going as far as saying that you are literally the main reason, no offense Yuna,.. to go and actually test her limits like that and find out that she stood above it all,... it will naturally make you feel.... safe, ....content even." She explained, or at least tried to.

Chaeryeong could see Sakura lowering her head, hiding a bashful smile.

So it wasn't actually bad what Chaeyeon had planned to say, Sakura was just embarrassed.

"It's weird, I know,... but that happens to me, too-" She added, her eyes catching Sakura's, sincere love in them.

The redhead shook her head amused. "That's because you are in love, you fool."