38 Good night, lover girl

I told you the second part would come earlier than you'd expect. Hope you like it

It turned out that there was popcorn in the box.

Movies remember?

Yeji had said and Lia could feel her heart swelling a little more.

They had made themselves comfortable on the picnic blanket, Yeji rather quickly pulling out the extra blankets and pillows and soon they were cocooned inside of warm fluffy material and each other, watching the city outside breathing of life and the sky shining over it.

And right here, laying next to each other, the brunette's head resting on her upper arm, Yeji couldn't find an ounce of interest in the view outside.

Instead she turned her head, still listening to what Lia had to say about a certain star or cloud, but eyes long-lost following the enthusiastic movements of her hands. The smile on her face felt like a constant, something she naturally gravitated to whenever she was near Lia.

And somehow, without really realising it she felt that rumble reemerging. It was slow and soft, letting the vampire know that it was harmless and here to stay.

Truthfully she wanted it to stay, to do what it wished for, but Lia would probably just misunderstand. Yeji sucked in a breath, not just probably, Lia would kill her if she found out Yeji was currently thinking about leaving vampire kisses on her neck.

The older sighed, singing the need to give and give, and maybe take, to sleep.

"Hey, don't stop doing that."

It came out of the blue and Yeji wasn't really expecting Lia to notice it, but there she was, head turned and now they were facing each other. Lia's hand resting on Yeji's stomach, feather light touch leaving her skin tingling.

"hm?" Yeji called, finally staring directly into Lia's eyes.

"You were humming... why did you stop?" The hunter whispered, considering the new proximity.

"I-i was?" Yeji stammered, reaching her hand from under the blanket to brush a loose strand of hair out of Lia's face.

"Yeah," The hunter stated, her eyes now gazing right at Yeji's lips.

The vampire smiled, feeling Lia's heartbeat picking up under her gaze.

She leaned in, lips barely touching.

"Can I?" She asked, trying hard not to tease the hunter for the glare she was sending Yeji's way.

"As if you had to ask." Lia replied, huffing once before leaning in on her own accord.

It was as easy as that. Lighthearted and nonchalant.

Until the rumbling started anew.

And of course Lia would notice. "You're humming again, love.... is that your way of telling me that you're enjoying this..?" She husked, a rather playful lilt in her voice, lips still so close Yeji could feel the vibration on her own.

Yeji bit her cheek, feeling and moreover hearing it now more than a while ago.

The undeniable buzz, even contemplating if Chaeryeong was able to feel it, too. On a second thought, she could care less if the younger did or did not.

Right now only one thing mattered, and that was the girl currently staring at her, making her stomach doing flips like she hadn't felt in a long time.