Damage

Chapter 37

-Saige-

I didn't go. I didn't go to check up on Zayn. Why didn't I do it? Because I'm a coward.

Alison's words kept eating me up. I've felt like I couldn't breathe at some point.

I've avoided Alison as much as I could. I'd glance at her once in a while, but I would always eat dinner in my room so I can avoid a conversation with her.

But she's right. As much I hate to admit it, Alison's right.

As always, I'm running away from my problems.

I just can't face Zayn. Not yet anyway.

I threw my textbooks onto my nightstand and collapsed on my bed.

I had spent my whole day at uni attending classes and clubs. Overall, today was stressful.

I think I have to study for two tests tomorrow. I hate my life.

***

I woke up with a sudden craving of a banana strawberry smoothie. I immediately dressed into something appropriate and tied my hair up.

I think Alison was home, but I didn't bother to tell her where I was going.

Instead of wasting gas, I decided to jog to the smoothie place where Alison and I went to a couple days ago.

I cursed myself for not bringing a jacket as it was a bit chilly outside. Hopefully my body will heat up, then I can welcome the cool weather.

After a couple minutes of going around corners and down parkway lanes, I finally arrived to the shop.

"What can I get for you?" The employee asked. It was a different person than last time. I actually prefer the woman I had before. Her accent was interesting.

"A strawberry banana smoothie please." I said out of breath.

"Two-fifty." I fished out three dollar bills out of my pocket and placed it on the counter. I received fifty cents back, and was told to wait until my name was called.

After I got my smoothie, I decided to take a small walk. It's been a while since I've gone out. I locked myself up in my room for the longest time ever, so it feels good to be outside.

I came back to the flat to see Alison on the couch watching television.

"Hey," She murmured. It surprised me when she spoke. We were both on this "no talking" term.

"H-Hi." I said wearily as I threw away my empty cup away.

"How're you feeling?" She asked.

"Good, I guess." I replied.

"I'm sorry." She blurted and turned to look at me.

"What are you sorry for?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I just really missed talking to my best friend and I don't want you to be angry at me. I don't want to fight with you anymore." Alison frowned.

"I should be the one apologizing," I sighed. "I always push you away somehow. I'm sorry."

Alison enveloped me in a hug. "It feels so good to talk to you again."

"It's only been four days." I laughed.

"Four days is long for someone to ignore you!" She exclaimed. "I don't mean to bring it up, but have you thought about it?"

"What?" I snorted as I looked through the fridge. I was having another craving for a sandwich. I bet you Mother Nature is coming soon. "Thought about what?" I repeated.

"Seeing Zayn?" Alison mumbled.

I froze. "N-No." I stammered.

"Saige, you have to see him."

"I can't!" I breathed out. "I can't just keep going back to someone who I always lose."

"Don't you think about what he feels?" Alison frowned. "He loves you, Saige. Any blind person can see it."

"I don't want to see him."

"He wants to see you,"

"I just can't see him." I frowned.

"Why can't you?" Alison sighed.

"I don't want to see the damage I've done." I cried.

I didn't want to cry anymore. I thought I was done. Aren't I?

"I don't want to see what I've broke. I'm scared to see what I've done." My tears began to blind my vision.

Alison wrapped her arms around me. "I didn't mean to make you cry," She whispered.

"See Zayn, okay? Whether it be the last time you see him or not, check up on him." I nodded.

"Okay," I breathed. "I'll see him."

(A/N) This is so short and I hate myself for it.

IM ALSO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG. Here are my reasons.

1. I was out of the country with no wifi

2. I had no ideas.

3. I was lazy.

Sorry again! Please forgive me. I swear to you next chapter will be longer. I promise.

Also, this story is coming to an end! Maybe two more chapters.

Love you guys. Thanks for tolerating me. xx