Curiosity Killed the Cat

Chapter 26

-Saige-

Today is the day Zayn is leaving to go back to the UK. I'm pretty much sulking about it, but at the same time I was happy that he'd be able to see his family after a year and a half.

I think the reason why I'm so bummed out about it is because it feels like he's leaving me again. That's why I don't want him to go. Right now, I'm just waiting for him to call me. Not in a desperate way, just so that I can drop him off at the airport.

"Saige," Ali knocked onto my door. "Someone's here to see you." She murmured.

"Who?" I asked, but Alison already walked away.

I got up and walked towards the living room. "Harry?" I slightly gasped. What was he doing here?  

"Saige, uh- hi." Harry smiled, but it soon faltered. "Aren't you supposed to be leaving?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, but I wanted to talk to you before I go." He rubbed his hands together, probably a sign that he's nervous. I motioned for him to continue.

"I heard that you and Zayn were together," I nodded, not knowing where this conversation was headed. "I was just wondering if there's still something going on between us," He finally uttered out.

My words were stuck in my throat. How do I say what I need to say in the nicest way possible? There was a small look of hope in his eyes. Oh god, I don't want to crush him. I don't want to hurt him in any way.

"I'm sorry..." I began to say. After those two words the look of hope in Harry's eyes soon dissappeared.

"Oh, okay. I just-- uh, you know wanted to make sure we were on the same page." He stammered. "I'll see you next time, okay?" Harry said before walking outside.

I huffed out a big breath and ran after him. Once I caught up to him, I wrapped my arms around his torso. "Your still my best friend, idiot." I smirked.

"I was hoping that I was." Harry smiled, his dimples coming out to full show.

"I'll probably be at the airport to say goodbye to everyone else. I'll see you later?" I said. Harry nodded and gave me a side hug that I gladly accepted.

Once I walked back into the house, Alison's mouth started popping out questions.

"What did he want?" She rose an eyebrow. "We just needed to clear some things up."  I shrugged. "Like what?" Ali continued to ask.