Party

Chapter 10

-Saige-

"Ali! Are you ready yet?" I fixed my hair, tossing it around a bit. "Yeah, hold on." I decided to check up on her. "You haven't changed yet?" I yelled. "I need to look good, what if I bump into Logan Lerman or something." Alison continued to put on her smoky eye shadow. "Hurry, we're going to be late." I slid on my leather jacket. "Fine." Ali huffed.

Ali ran into the hall while putting on her heels. "Okay, I'm ready." She cheekily smiled. Alison looked gorgeous. Her short hair was curled softly, she wore a high-low dress. "Alright, let's go." I grabbed the keys from the hook.

We entered the club where Perrie's party was being held. "I think I just saw Sam Pepper." Ali gasped. "Saige! I'm glad you could make it!" Perrie hugged me. "Hi, I'm Perrie." She introduced herself to Alison. "Ali." She smiled.

"I'll be up on stage, just holla if you need me." Perrie giggled as she quoted a song. I nodded. "Is that Jack Harries?" Ali turned me around. "Go talk to him." I laughed pushing her.

"So, I see Perrie invited you." Zayn's voice spoke behind me. "Yeah." I nervously spoke. His eyes were glued to my hand where the bird tattoo is. "How have you been lately." Zayn broke the silence. "I'm okay." I said softy. I didn't even care how he's been, so I didn't bother to ask.

"Hey, I'm sorry for my outburst two days ago." I fiddled with my fingers. "It's fine." Zayn spoke lowly.

"Do you...still have it?" His eyes still glued to my hand. "You should go perform with Perrie, I'm sure your voices will flow together perfectly." I dodged his question. Zayn just gave me a, 'are you fucking serious' look. He grabbed my hand, his thumb running over where the tattoo is.

The makeup smeared, revealing the bird. "Why do you cover it?" Zayn whispered. "It's like a scar to me." I admitted. "How?" He furrowed his eyebrows. His eyes showed that he was hurt. I might be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

"It brings back all the memories." I whispered. "Every time I look at it, our--my memories...flood back into my mind." I quickly corrected myself. "You shouldn't cover it." Zayn examined the tattoo. "I'm sorry that this is a scar to you." He spoke lowly.

"It doesn't matter anymore." I huffed. "Let's just enjoy this party, yeah?" I looked away. "Yeah." Zayn agreed.

I breathed heavily. It was extremely awkward that he found out I covered the tattoo with makeup. I wonder what he thought about it and how he remembered the tattoo.

I looked around for Alison. It seemed like she was having a great time. I saw her talking to Andy Samuels and Niall.

"They set up the karaoke system." Zayn said quietly. "That's nice." I replied. "D--Do you want to s--sing with me?" He stuttered. "Sure." I plastered on a blank expression on my face. Inside I was dying. I've always knew that Zayn was a great singer, but we've never sang together before.

"Who's next?" Perrie asked holding up two mic's. "Over here." Zayn called raising his hand. "Well, come up then." Perrie sent him a wink. I could feel the jealousy burn inside of me.

We walked up to the stage. "You two are singing together?" Perrie glared at me, making me feel uncomfortable. I nodded. "Here's your mic's." She handed Zayn one, and shoved mine into my face. Damn, what crawled up her ass?

Soon the tune of I Can't Make You Love Me came on. I gave Zayn a worried look, he nodded in response. I cleared my throat before singing.

"Turn down the lights, turn down the bed..." I sang softly. "Turn down these voices inside my head." Zayn did a falsetto. "Lay down with me, tell me no lies." We both sang small parts of the first verse. "Just hold me close, don't patronize."

"Cause I can't make you love me.

If you don't.

You can't make your heart feel

Something it won't.

Here in the dark,

in these final hours.

I will lay down my heart

And feel the power.

If you won't,

No, you won't."

Our voices collided with each other well. I loved this moment. Singing with the guy I used to love...well, still love. I missed his voice. Sure, he always comes up on the radio and television, but hearing it personally makes me miss him a lot.

I'll close my eyes,

Then I won't see.

The love you don't feel,

When your holding me.

Morning will come,

and I'll do what's right.

Just give me til then

to give up this fight.

We ended the song with the chorus, leading to an applaud. Zayn looked over to me. I sent him a small smile, receiving one back. I set the mic down while I walked off the stage.

Ali immediately grabbed me. "Are you okay?" She rose an eyebrow. I nodded slowly. "I actually really liked it." I spoke softly. "That's good." Ali gave me a warm smile. "I'm just going to get a drink. I'll be right back." I walked towards the bar.

"ID please." I flashed him my liscenese. "Just give me a shot of vodka." I ordered. "Coming right up." He nodded.

"You were great up there." Zayn took a seat next to me. "Thanks." I smiled weakly. The bartender came back with my shot. "You drink?" "Sometimes." I gave him a short answer. We fell back in silence.
I usually don't drink, but right now it felt like I needed it.

-Zayn-

"Give me more." Saige slurred to the bartender. "Saige, I think you should stop." I helped her up. She tugged on my jacket. "Just one more, Zayn. Please." She extended the 'e' sound. The bartender came back with one more drink. "Ma'am, this is your last one." He spoke slowly. "Whatever." Saige snapped, gulping the drink down.

"Hey, Zayn." Saige hiccuped. "Yeah?" I looked at her. "T--That song we sang." She motioned towards the stage. "What about it?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I know it's not a good idea to talk to her while shes drunk, but it was pretty fascinating since I haven't seen her like this.

"It sounds like I wrote that song." Saige closed her eyes, showing off the smokey eye shadow. "What?" I let out a small laugh. "Let's get you back to Alison." I helped her while she held onto my jacket. "I--I can't make you love me." Saige looked up to me, her eyes glossy.

Was she about to cry?

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Saige, your drunk." "No, I'm not." She stomped. "Why are you suddenly mad?" I scoffed. "Cause I can't have you." Saige hissed. She walked past me, hitting me with her shoulder.

"What happened to Saige?" Alison came up to me. "I don't know, she's PMSing." I muttered. "Why are you both in such bad moods? What did Saige say?" I dodged her question. "I might just head out now."

I walked to Perrie. "I'll be at the room, just come whenever your ready. Okay?" I whispered into her ear. She nodded giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Cause I can't make you love me." Her words replayed in my head. Saige still has feelings for me? Did she try to say that the song we sang, is for me? She can't make me love her.

(A/N) Even though I'm on break, I'm still going to upload chapters that are already finished. I Can't Make You Love Me is on the side, but it's a cover. Love you, leave feedback!