Bitterness

• Dedicated to Mysticpolo

Chapter 17

-Zayn-

Today's the day Perrie comes back; which is also the day of Louis' going away party.

In a few days, the boys and I are going back to the UK. Just one last concert then goodbye Los Angeles.

I will probably miss the sunny days, the palm trees, but heck. . . I'm sure as hell going to miss Saige.

From: Perrie

Hey, I just landed. Can you pick me up? Love you. xx.

I replied to her as quickly as I can and grabbed my keys off the counter.

I turned up the volume from the radio to let the music accompany me for a while. A few of my favorite songs from Usher came on, such as Confessions and Nice & Slow.

I tapped my fingers onto the steering wheel while Headlights by Eminem came on.

After twenty minutes of being stuck in traffic, I finally arrived to the airport. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Perrie.

"Hello? Where are you?" Perrie spoke quickly. I sighed. She's probably pissed off, because I'm late.

"I just got here. I'm in the front, where are you?" I ran my hand through my hair. "Stay there, don't move. I see you."

She hung up the phone and ran towards me.

"Hey, I know your probably mad, but I got stuck in-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence, because she placed her lips onto mine.

"I'm not mad," Perrie laughed. "Just got worried." She clarified.

Perrie wrapped her arms around my neck, while my hands rested on her waist.

"Let's go, yeah? Before we get bombarded by paps." I said, grabbing her luggage.

"Louis is having a party tonight," I began loading her bags into the trunk of my car.

"For what?" Perrie rubbed at her eyes.

"It's like a going away party. We're going back to the UK in three weeks." I replied.

"Are we going?" She asked. I nodded.

"So, how was it when I was gone?" She asked once she got into the car.

Honestly, It was a stress reliever... Sort of. I wanted to say.

Instead I said, "It was okay." Perrie frowned. "Okay?" She repeated.

"Did you talk to Saige at all?" Here we go.

"Sometimes." I said, not wanting her to know that I've brought her back into my life again.

"Why are you asking?" I sighed. "Your not jealous, are you?"

Perrie rolled her eyes. "Of course I am! I can't help it. I mean, she is your ex and all."

"Don't worry," I glanced at her. "We're just friends." I tried to reassure her.

It was quiet for the rest of the ride back, except for a few exchanges of words. I wasn't sure why I didn't tell her about Saige and I. Maybe I was scared, but scared for what?

***

Louis' party started an hour ago and Perrie and I still have not arrived.

"Perrie! Are you done yet?" I yelled from the living room.

"Give me five more minutes!" I heard faintly. She's been saying that the past two hours, but this time she finally came out of the bathroom.

"Is this dress okay?" She asked, putting on her earrings.