Expect the Unexpected

Chapter 27

-Saige-

"I dare you to tell me why you've been upset lately."

Zayn's jaw clenched slightly. "I've already told you its nothing." He muttered under his breath.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are you hiding from me? I thought we were through with keeping secrets." Zayn stood up abruptly and pulled me with him to the side of the room.

"I told you to let it go." He snapped.

"I can't let it go, Zayn. Just tell me what it is." I whined.

Zayn sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It's already stressing me out just thinking about it. Just forget about it." He groaned.

"Just show me."

Zayn groaned again. "You know what? You really want to know?" His tone of voice was harsh. I nodded meekly.

"Perrie's been feeding them lies, telling them a whole different story on why we ended." Zayn ran his hand through his hair, a sign that he's frustrated. "She's telling them that I cheated on her."

"It doesn't seem like a big deal-"

"You don't understand! This will only create a bad image for the both of us." Zayn yelled.

I've never seen him this angry or frustrated before. It's quite amusing yet terrifying at the same time.

"Don't think about it right now, your only creating more stress upon yourself." I scolded softly. "I'm trying." I heard him whisper. "I just hate what they're saying about you and I." He frowned.

I sighed. "Don't let it bother you for now, relax. Your going to see your family." I reminded, kissing his cheek.

"I don't want you to read or hear about what they're saying." Zayn said. "Why not?" I frowned. I am quite the curious one.

"I've seen how you've reacted to them before. I don't like it, just don't read or hear about it." He explained.

I sighed. "Alright,  I guess. Let's go back to the boys, yeah?" I held his hand in mine and tugged him along.

"Are you love birds alright?" Louis teased, giving us a smirk. I meekly nodded.