Words Unspoken

Chapter 28

-Saige-

"Perrie?"

My heart stopped. And not in a good way. I stared at her. Why is she here?  She had a mischievous smile across her face-- nevertheless, it scared me.

"Hello, Saige. Long time no see." I internally shivered at those words. "May I come in?"

"What are you doing here?" I ignored her. "I thought you left to go back to the UK."

Perrie smirked. "Why don't we take this conversation somewhere else? I don't want Alison to eavsdrop." I hesitantly agreed and stepped outside while closing the door behind me.

"What do you need, Perrie? We aren't much on good terms." I murmured.

"Nothing, really. I thought that we'd catch up, it has been a while." Perrie replied cooly. I stared at her for a while. I'm quite skeptical about catching up with her.

"I'm not stupid, Perrie. I know you hate me. What do you want?" I said. I was getting irritated with her appearance. Perrie laughed humorlessly.

"Hate is a strong word, Saige. Let's use the word, dislike." She held her hands together. Where was she going with this? "I just want to talk to you, is all." She said.

"Well then, talk." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"How are you and--"

"We're fine." I cut her off. I didn't want her to finish that sentence. Hell, I didn't want her here at all!

"You know he ended things with me because of you." Perrie murmured, her back facing me. "I'm not going to lie, I do feel a bit betrayed as well as jealous." "Why would you feel betrayed?" I curiously asked.

"I thought we would become great friends. Maybe as close as you and Alison." She turned to face me again. Her face was red, obviously showing that she was flustered and angry. "When I invited you that day to the concert," She began. "I knew it was a bad idea, yet I wanted to give you a chance to see him again and put the past to the side." Her eyes began to fill up with tears, still threatening to fall. "All of my ideas were right. He was going to fall for you all over again."

Perrie fought her tears back and snapped her eyes up to mine.

"I was aggressively jealous when I found out you and Zayn have been together. All I felt was rage. That's why I told you to stay away from him. I love him so fucking much, but he didn't see it nor feel it." A tear escaped her eye quickly, but she wiped it away before it could be seen.

"The only thing he saw was you. The only love he felt was yours." She spat.

I flinched at her words. Perrie was hysterical. We stared at each other until Perrie looked away.

"All he ever talked and thought about was you. He was always asking questions like Did you talk to Saige? How is she? " She cursed under her breath. "I was so jealous of you."

"Perrie-" I murmured.

"Do you know how hurt I felt when he told me he didn't love me?" She cut me off. "It felt like I was broken. I finally felt what you had experienced, but I think mine was so much worse."

I felt dumbstruck. I wasn't the only one who was hurting. Perrie was as well, because of me. I caused her pain and I'm not sure if I regret it or not.

"I guess we can't get what we want, huh?" Perrie laughed humorlessly.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"There are many words that have gone unspoken. These are some of them." She informed me. "I needed to make things okay with you." I couldn't help but feel suspicious about those words she just uttered.

"I wish you two the best." Perrie forced a smile. "I'll see you around."

I felt weird. I can't describe the emotion I'm feeling. It's not a good one.

"Where'd you go? Who was at the door?" Ali asked as she dipped her chocolate chip cookie into the milk.

"Perrie." I whispered. Alison dropped her cookie into the cup filled with milk.

"Holy shit." Her eyes widened. "What was she doing here? I thought she went back to the UK!" I shrugged. "I feel like this isn't going to be the last time she visits."

"What did she say?"

"Nothing much. It's not important." To you. "Let's not talk about it right now." I added.

"Okay," Alison whistled. "Want some?" She gestured over to the cookies. I shook my head.

The whole Perrie incident is making me overthink. It's driving me crazy. I just need a day off from everything.

(A/N) Short chapter, of whale. I wanted to update. I hope you guys can check out my Luke Hemmings fanfiction, Good Girls!

That's all for now.

I love you!

Zaigexx