Chapter 1: Out of Time

-(Y/N)'s P.O.V-

I was now at the hospital, sitting on my bed with an IV tube on my arm. 

I was wearing a patient robe from the hospital and I was looking at the city with the big window next to me. 

(Y/N): *Sigh* I wonder what's the cause of this disease? 

I questioned myself because I couldn't have some sleep for over three days ago and I've been sweating a lot. My parents and my big sis noticed this as they took me to the doctor as I waited for the results to happen.

Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is (Y/N) (L/N), just your average 15-year-old junior student at (School/Name). I had a loving family and a loving best friend who's been there with me since middle school. 

Introductions aside, I heard the door opened to my right as I looked over to see the doctor approaching me with a grim look on her face.

Doctor: Hello (Y/N), how are you feeling today?

(Y/N): Oh, somewhat fine, I guess? I don't know...

I replied back with a stern look on my face as the doctor sighs before speaking up.

Doctor: We found something that is wrong with you and it might be shocking to tell you this.

(Y/N): Go ahead.

Doctor: You see....you have Fatal Familial Insomnia or FFI for short. 

(Y/N): Wait, what? Fatal Familial Insomnia?

Doctor: That's correct. That is the reason why you were sweating a lot and also the reason why you can't sleep, which makes it that your brain is unable to shut down.

(Y/N): Is the disease fatal? Can it...kill me...?

I asked in a concerned voice as the doctor looked away for a moment before speaking up.

Doctor: Yes, but it cannot be cured as well. What's even worse is that you'll die within 18 months.

(Y/N): 18 months!?

I asked in shock as the doctor nodded at me.

Doctor: That is correct and I'm...really sorry that this happened to you, (Y/N). 

 I was speechless as I lowered my head down in sadness until the doctor spoke up.

Doctor: It's only 18 months. I'm afraid things will get worse for you, Mr. (L/N). 

My heart dropped after hearing that. I'm going to experience some miserable pain for 18 months? Well...shit.

I then start to rub my forehead and I can feel emotions climb up. I then felt a grin creeping up on my face...is it a mixture of anger and crying that I'm feeling?

(Y/N): Heh...hehehe...I see...a miserable pain in 18 months huh?

Doctor: Yeah...I'm really sorry, my dear.