Chapter 34: Sylvia the Chimera

-Kazuma's P.O.V-

After I was taken away by Sylvia as we went to the facility and I start to panic and got scared after she says that she had a 'thing' on her lower part as I tried to struggle free.

Kazuma: Cut it out! Get your dick off of me! You wanna die?!

Sylvia: You don't have to worry. I'm not going to try anything. I managed to shake the others off my tail, so you're free to go.

I got up and rubbed the dust off on my but.

Kazuma: Where are we?

Sylvia: This is the Crimson Demon Village's underground storage facility.

That's when it hit me.

Rin: To tell you the truth...I went inside that facility last night.

Kazuma: (I see. This must be the facility that Rin talked about.)

Sylvia: My objective is to find the ancient magic weapon that's hidden here.

Kazuma: A magic weapon? (Wait, Rin didn't say anything about this. No, she didn't say there was a magic weapon in here.)

Sylvia: *Walks past Kazuma* The Mage Killer. It can neutralize any magic...A perfect counter to the Crimson Demons.

Kazuma: Something like that is down here?

I questioned as Sylvia places some kind of device track on the door. I guess that's what Rin told about those doors.

Sylvia: I can feel it close.

The lights on her device started to fade away immediately.

Sylvia: The barrier breaker isn't working? What exactly is this? It's not sealed with magic?

I looked in front of the door before looking at the machine-like thing beside the door. I then looked at it to see a controller. That's when it hit me once again.

-Flashback-

Rin: Yeah, it's a freaking gaming console.

Kazuma: Wait, a gaming console? Seriously?

Rin: Yeah, not gonna lie thought there was the Japanese language from it and it says 'To enter this facility, you must use the cheat code on the controller.' The cheat code was obviously one of the classic things.

Kazuma: What's the cheat code?

Rin: You'll know soon enough when you're either kidnapped or something.

-Flashback end-

Kazuma: (I see. This must be the controller that Rin was talking about. I guess she must've foreshadowed it when she says that I'm either kidnapped or something back in the morning...)

Sylvia: Hey! Are you awake?

I snap back to reality as Sylvia was looking at me.

Sylvia: You seemed to be deep in thought. Is there something bothering you? Is it your friends?

I put my hands in front of me in defense.

Kazuma: N-No! Not really, I was really thinking of that door behind it. I think, they just used a famous cheat code as the password for the-

I quickly shut my mouth. 

Kazuma: (No, Kazuma! Rin already told you about this! Don't spell it out to her!)

Sylvi: You're even better than I'd hope.

Kazuma: I'm still an adventurer, y'know! Don't expect me to give in that easily!