Chapter 16: The Destroyer

-No one's P.O.V-

So right now, you were teaching Jack how to play the Guitar because you decided to teach her. Just then, you hear Luna announcing on the speakers.

Luna: Destroyer alert! Destroyer alert! All citizens evacuate at once! All adventurers, equip yourselves and report to the adventurer's guild!

(Y/N): The Destroyer's here?

Jack: Wait, what?!

You and Jack quickly equipped everything and ran outside the mansion to see Kazuma,  Rin, and Aqua. 

Aqua: Guys! We're running away! We're running far away!

Kazuma: Huh?

Rin: Would y'all mind telling me what's going on!?

Megumin: The mobile fortress, Destroyer...Fighting that thing is reckless, at best.

Kazuma: I keep asking, what's a Destroyer?!

Darkness: An ancient weapon that went on a rampage. They say that where it passes through, not even grass remains.

(Y/N): Shoot. Let's go and fight it. We're going to the guild.

Aqua: What? Why?

Kazuma: I agree with (Y/N). Like hell, we're gonna let the house we finally earned, after so much work be destroyed that easily!

Rin: Yeah, I agree! 

Jack: Same here too. We just want our home to be safe. 

Eventually, everyone agreed to fight the Destroy as all of you went to the Guild to assemble everyone.

-Time Skip-

You and the others finally made it to the guild. Once you entered to see Yuuki.

Yuuki: (Y/N)!

She then ran up and hugged you.

(Y/N): You alright?

Yuuki: Yeah, I'm fine. Everyone's all here now.

You nodded before Luna announcing something.

Luna: All of you are this city's last bastion of hope. We humbly request your assistance.

That's when the Lady with the Crystal Ball shows the Destroyer in it as if it was a hologram. 

Lady: At present, the mobile fortress, Destroyer, is on a direct path our way, invading from the northwest. One hour remains until its arrival.

The crystal ball was showing what the Destroyer was doing but suddenly the picture went off.

Random Arch Wizard: Um...The Destroyer was created by an ancient magical kingdom, correct? Did the people who created it prepare any countermeasures?

Luna: They were the first to perish in the Destroyer's rampage.

Chris: You should all run away immediately.

Darkness: No, they can't. The townspeople will all lose their homes.

Chris: You're as stubborn as ever, Darkness.

Chris approaches you and tapped your shoulder.

Chris: Hey, (Y/N). Got any bright ideas?

(Y/N): How should I know? Ask Kazuma yourself.

Kazuma: Hmm...Oh!

He then turns to Aqua and spoke.

Kazuma: Aqua, couldn't you break it's barrier?