Chapter 9: A Knight with The Cursed Sword

-No one's P.O.V-

For about a week later, you and Jack have been grinding a lot because you two needed to become stronger and accepting a lot of hard-difficulty quests to earn a lot of money. So right now, you are now currently Level 43 and Jack was at level 49, which she is close to getting the first ascension. 

(Y/N): Whew! That's the rest of it!

You said in relief as you and Jack look around to see a bunch of dead creatures on the ground. 

Jack: Can we go back now, mom? We're quite hungry from all that grinding.

Jack says while holding her stomach. That's when you and Jack hear stomach grumbling coming from you. Both you and Jack laughed a little at this. 

(Y/N): Ahaha, okay, let's get something to eat. 

You said as you and Jack left the Plain Fields and went back to the Axel. 

-Mini Time Skip-

You and Jack finally arrived back t Axel until the two of you see Kazuma, Megumin, Darkness...and Aqua who was in the cage.

(Y/N): Heyo! Where are you guys going? And why is Aqua in a Cage?

Kazuma: We are going on a quest to purify the water in Riverhead Lake. Wanna come with us?

(Y/N): Nah, no thanks. Jack is kind of hungry after we finished our quest.

You tell them with a half-truth

Darkness: Oh, you got yourself a reward?

(Y/N): Yup.

Jack: How long do you guys purifying the water in Riverhead Lake?

Aqua: For over half a day.

(Y/N): I see. Anyways, good luck on your quest. 

Kazuma and the others nodded and left as you and Jack went to the Guild to eat.

-Time Skip-

 Within a few hours later, you and Jack were wandering around in town until the two of you see Kazuma and the others were finally back from their quest, that's when you notice Aqua in a depressed state. This concerns you as you and Jack approached them.

(Y/N): Hey, you're back.

Megumin: Yup.

Jack: How's the quest? And why is Aqua depressed?

Kazuma: Well, she got traumatized and said that the world outside around her is scary.

(Y/N): Oh, crap. I'm really sorry.

You said with compassion until the six of you hear someone calling out.

???: Lady Goddess! It's you, isn't it, Lady Goddess?!

Everyone: Huh?

You all turn to see a knight who was talking to Aqua and then he broke the cage with ease.

Megumin: Whoa!

(Y/N & Jack: Hm?

???": What are you doing in such a place, Lady Goddess?!

Darkness then grabbed his shoulder.

Darkness: Hey. Don't touch my ally so freely. Who are you?

(Y/N): Hey Aqua. Do you know this dude? He was calling you Goddess.

Aqua: Goddess?

(Y/N): Uh, yeah!

Aqua:...

(Y/N): ...