Chapter 2: The Afterlife

-(Y/N)'s P.O.V-

After I died in a slow death as I felt death was taking me...that's when I hear my heart beating on my chest as I instantly woke up my eyes and looked around to see that I'm sitting in a chair and around me was a void.

(Y/N): Where...am I...?

I questioned as I was looked in front of me to see a white chair with a small cabinet next to it.

(Y/N): Strange...

I muttered until I hear a female voice behind me.

???: Welcome to the Afterlife, (Y/N) (L/N).

I looked behind me and see a beautiful girl with silver hair and blue eyes and was wearing some kind of nun's outfit with angelic wings accessories on her shoulders.

I watched as she walks past me and sat down at the opposite side of me.

(Y/N): Who are you?

I asked curiously as the female gave me a smile on her face and spoke up.

Eris: Greetings, I'm Eris the Goddess of Fortune. As I said before, welcome to the Afterlife.

She greeted and I was surprised by what I was hearing.

(Y/N): Wait, what? The Afterlife?

Eris nods at me in confirmation before speaking up. 

Eris: I'm sure that you are aware of how you died.

That's when it hit me as I let out a sigh before speaking up.

(Y/N): Oh yeah...I died of Fatal Familial Insomnia. 

Eris: That's what I heard, and I'm really sorry that it happened to you, (Y/N).

(Y/N): I know, but what of family and Yuuki?

Eris: They're okay, but they are grieving your death in the hospital.

I stood silent as I lowered my head and rubbed my forehead because I was upset that I died a slow death.