Chapter 11: Out in the Winter

-No one's P.O.V-

After the battle with Verdia, a leader of the Demon Lord's army, the season turned to winter. Right now, you and Jack were heading to the Guild to accept new quests.

Once the two of you entered the Guild, you and Jack see Kazuma and his party looking at the quest board.

(Y/N): Heyo, Kazuma!

You called out as Kazuma and the others turned to see you.

Darkness: Ah (Y/N), are you two here to accept quests?

Jack: That's what we're about to do. Has anyone accepted a quest?

Kazuma: Not yet. We're still looking.

Kazuma says as his eyes landed on a quest.

Kazuma: "The mobile destroyer 'Destroyer' is approaching, so we are recruiting scouts to predict the route it will take." What is this? What's a "Destroyer"?

Kazuma asked curiously.

Darkness: The Destroyer is the Destroyer.

(Y/N): Ah yes, the floor is made out of the floor. 

Kazuma: Just because you're right, doesn't mean that you're correct.

Jack: People die when they are killed. 

Megumin: Bombs are Explosions!

Aqua: Liquid is Water!

An awkward silence occurred. 

Jack: Well, that was...kind of awkward.

Kazuma: You could say that again.

(Y/N): Anyways, what's the "Destroyer" again?

Darkness: The Destroyer is a massive fortress that moves at high speed.

Megumin: It lumbers around, trampling everything. It's oddly popular with children.

Kazuma: I see. I don't get it. Let's see. What's this?

He then picked one quest.

Kazuma: A Snow Sprite kill quest? Hey, what are Snow Sprites? They don't sound all that strong, based on the name, but it says the reward is 100,00 Eris each.

Megumin: There are lots of Snow Sprites in the snow plains. It's said that spring will come half a day sooner for every single one you kill. They're very weak monsters so they're easy to kill, but...

Aqua: If we're accepting that quest, I'll go ready!

Kazuma: Hey, wait. *Looks at Darkness* You're laughing?

Darkness: Snow Sprites, huh?

Kazuma: There is something wrong (Y/N). Why does this masochistic crusader who always wants to fight strong monsters look so happy?

(Y/N): Don't question me about it.

-Time Skip-

Kazuma: These are Snow Sprites?

(Y/N): Whoa...they're adorable than I thought.

Kazuma: *Looks at Aqua* Hey, can't you do something about that outfit? You look like some dumb kid going cicada-catching in the middle of winter.

Aqua: I can catch Snow Sprites with this, and bottle them up. I had the idea that if we mix them in our drinks, we can have ice-cold drinks whenever we want! Well? Aren't I smart?!

Kazuma: Darkness, what happened to your armor? Are you going to be all right in that gear?

Darkness: No problem. I'm a little cold, but that in itself is...