Chapter 31: Visiting Families and a Mysterious Facility

-No one's P.O.V-

After being greeted by some Crimson Demon Villagers and Aqua chasing an invisible person, anyways we followed Yunyun's home to understand the situation. And it's a large mansion in the middle of the village.

The middle-aged man sitting the opposite of us on the couch furrowed his brows. After entering the reception room of the village chief, we learned from the middle-aged man before you, Yunyun's father, the impactful truth. 

Yunyun: D-Dad? Could you repeat that?

Yunyun's father laughed.

Hiropon: That was just me sending you an update!

Yuuki: "We don't really understand that, sir." 

Yuuki immediately retorted the village chief, but was it rude? Anyways, Yunyun beside Kazuma was still stunned.

Yunyun: "... Eh? Um, D-Dad? Well, I'm happy that you're okay, but can you explain it in detail? First, at the beginning of the letter you wrote, 'By the time you read this letter, I will probably have already passed on from this world'...

Hiropon: That's the traditional Crimson Demon greeting!

Yunyun: But you said you wouldn't be able to destroy the Devil King's fortress!

Hiropon: Yeah, the village can't decide whether to destroy it or leave it as a tourist attraction.

He laughed as we were somewhat stunned as Kazuma dropped a deadpanned look at him.

Kazuma: "Hey Yunyun, can I punch your father?" 

Kazuma asked.

Yunyun: "Go ahead."

Darkness: "Yunyun?!"

Rin: "Whoa now. Take it easy."

Rin and Darkness were shocked at this response. 

Darkness: If the Devil King's army is nearby, then is a general...

Hiropon: Sure, there's one with them. Strong with magic, I believe. Should be showing up anytime now.

He says as we all looked at him confused. Just then, you all hear the speakers going off.

Announcer: "Demon King's army alert, Demon King's army alert. Everyone who's free please gather before the griffon statue at the village entrance. We have visuals of the enemy, they number about a thousand."

The broadcast echoed throughout the village with the ringing of bells.

Kazuma & Darkness: "One thousand?!"

Both Darkness and Kazuma exclaimed loudly, while the three Crimson Demons were calm about it.

Although you were a little surprised that there were about 'a thousand' demons. From the scale of this settlement, there were at most three hundred villagers.