Chapter 4: A Troublesome Encounter

-No One's P.O.V-

So right now, you and Jack are currently in the Guild with Kazuma and Aqua, you told them that you should help with the quest, but they needed some time and get a new member first, and right now, you guys were chatting around outside.

Aqua: So (Y/N), how did you die? 

Aqua asked curiously.

(YN): Well...I was dying of Fatal Familial Insomnia or FFI for short.

Kazuma: Fatal Familial Insomnia? Now that sounds serious and deadly.

(Y/N): It is indeed serious because I got this like a year and a half ago since I didn't sleep for over two months. I then died in a hospital with my family and best friend around me before I woke in the afterlife and then reincarnated.

You tell them the whole story as you felt their sympathetic stares.

Aqua: Oh gosh, your story seems...sad and heartbreaking for your family to see you gone.

(Y/N): Yeah, since I'm here now, I'll be living my life here now in this world.

Suddenly, you felt your arm was hugged by Jack. You looked down at Jack and see she had a concerned look on her face until she spoke up. 

Jack: Are you okay, mommy?

You gave her a reassuring smile and patted her head before speaking up.

(Y/N): Don't worry, sweetpea. I'll be okay

Aqua: Anyways, I'll tell you how Kazuma died.

Kazuma: Don't...!

(Y/N): I understand that you don't want to talk about it, but I'm curious though.

Aqua: Good~! Now I'll tell you how he died.

Aqua then eventually tells you how Kazuma had died.

-Mini Time Skip-

Aqua: ...And that's how Kazuma died!

Aqua then started to laugh as Jack tries to hold on to her laughter. You, on the other hand, didn't laugh because you would feel bad about Kazuma trying to save a girl, only to die of shock because of a slow-moving tractor.

Kazuma was confused at this and he expected you to laugh since Aqua told you the whole story.

Aqua: Why are you not laughing wit hem!? It's really funny isn't it?

(Y/N): I could laugh right now, but I would be feeling bad right now. 

Kazuma was surprised before smiling at you.

Kazuma: Aww, thanks, (Y/N). 

And just like that, Kazuma gives you a headpat. You were smirking at this affection.

After that, the four of you decided to head back to the Guild, that's when the four of you heard a very low male voice from behind you.

???: What a pitiful party! Turn to me when I'm talking to you losers and give me all the money you have, if you want to live!

(Y/N), Jack, Kazuma, and Aqua turned around to face him. Aqua squaled and hides behind you. Kazuma could't move, because he hasn't got a sword or any useful skills to protect themselves. 

Aqua: What the...he looks tall...

Kazuma: Uh...(Y/N)? Jack? Can you help us out here?

Both Aqua and Kazuma turn to you and Jack as the strange tall man looked down at you and smirked.