Chapter 6: The Masochist Crusader

-No One's P.O.V-

Darkness: My name is Darkness and I am a Crusader. Would p-please let me join your p-p-p-p-p-party!?

Kazuma: Ehm...

(Y/N): Uh, Kazuma. I think you should do it.

Kazuma: What do you want me to do!?

(Y/N): Hey, you're the leader and it's your responsibility to recruit some party members!

Kazuma: Come on! You gotta help me out here!

(Y/N): I would, but not at the right time!

Darkness then proceeds to grab Kazuma's arm which made Kazuma surprised by the sudden contact.

Darkness: Those slimy girls were your allies, right? What in the world happened to them? And that lady you were carrying.

She says pointing at you.

Darkness: What act caused her to be like that especially that she needs to be carried. So, what happened to those ladies that they were covered in slime?

Darkness asked.

Kazuma: Umm...they were going to be swallowed by giant toads and the other one who was carried by (Y/N) and was exhausted to get up-

Darkness: It's worst than I imagined...No, wait! As I knight, I can't overlook such horrors befalling two girls of such tender age.

She then started panting and blushing.

Kazuma: (Her eyes are scaring me. (Y/N) is really annoyed, but yet confused about her...she's setting off my danger radar, it's telling me that she is just like Aqua and Megumin!) No, no, no. I'd advise against it. It's hard how useful our party members can be. One can only use her magic one day. The other one is totally useless and is spending all her money on alcohol. And I'm the lowest in the class party. Except for that little girl and (Y/N) here are quite stronger than us. Those two girls of our party are trash, so I advise looking somewhe- ow, ow, ow!

Darkness increased her grip on Kazuma's hand as he was about to finish his sentence. 

Darkness: That's even better! The truth is, this was a bit difficult for me to say. While I have confidence in my stamina and strength, I am somewhat very clumsy, so um...my attacks never hit the mark.

Kazuma: (Looks like my radar was spot on.)

(Y/N): Wait. You said that you are very clumsy and you can't even hit a single attack? Is that true?

Darkness: Yes, of course! *Gets her face close to Kazuma* As such, I'll charge the front line, so please use me as a shield!

Kazuma: (Her face is too close!)

(Y/N): (Bruh, really?)

Kazuma: No! I could never use a woman as a shield.

(Y/N): Well, we could get eaten by monsters in every battle.

Darkness: That would be even more with pleasure!

You and Kazuma glanced at each other in confusion.

Kazuma: (Oh, I get it, it's not her ability. She is hopeless in the core.)

You then sighed and began to reason with Darkness.

(Y/N): Okay, look. As much as we would like to recruit you to our party. But, it's getting pretty late, you know? You should come back and visit us by tomorrow if that's okay with you.

You said in a very polite and rational way as Darkness looked at you for a second before letting Kazuma's arm go and went back to her normal personality.