Chapter 43: "It always comes down to the butterfly effect."

"So why didn't you try to convince him to stay?" detective Richardson asked.

"Would he have listened?" I answered with another question.

"You never tried." He shrugged.

"It doesn't work like that." I smirked.

"Then what did you do?"

I smiled and looked away. "I debated."

******

NOVEMBER 2 4, 2019

NOVEMBER 2 4, 2019

"So what do you want to talk about?" Dr

"So what do you want to talk about?" Dr. Martin asked, crossing her legs.

I glanced around the room before saying, "I need your advice."

"Go on."

I inhaled deeply. "My friend and I had this big fight over this college acceptance proposal that I received, while it was his dream to get into that university, and I feel terrible." I peeked at her. "I think I might've scarred our friendship."

"And this friend of yours, blames you for getting accepted?"

"No!" I sighed.

"Then I don't see what's the issue here."

"That is the issue." My head ached once again. "He seems so distant now, trying to ignore me at every instant. I feel guilty."

"But it isn't your fault that you received the offer."

"But it's my fault that I hid it from him. And it's my fault that he's leaving town."

Lisa nodded. "So do you want my advice on how to fix this?"

I bobbed my head. "I just want things to go back to normal."

Lisa straightened up in her seat, getting into her therapist stance. "So you hid away the fact that you had gotten the acceptance proposal, which is why your friend is angry and going away?"

"Yes."

"How important is it for him to get into that college?"

A little smile spread across my lips as I reminisced about the time Theo gave me an insight of his ambitions and dreams. "He has always hoped to be accepted into that institution. He's a crazy fan of the dean and has memorized all her works until now." Dr. Martin gave me a nostalgic look. "The way he talks about it is just... magical. His eyes light up at the mention of the names associated with that college. His grin widens every time that topic is brought up. There's nothing more in the world he craves for so much as this."