Chapter 7: "Everyone had a motive to kill Allison."

"I take it, that was the secret Maeve was trying to hide from all of you?" Detective Richardson asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"That's right," I nodded.

"But how did that secret get out? No one knew about it but Allison and Maeve, right?"

"Secrets never stay secret forever, do they? Especially when there's a psycho murderer after you?"

"Wasn't the allergic attack enough for the person who had been threatening you?"

"Detective, I think you have forgotten the main concept of this game - the butterfly effect, and as it states: 'Every choice comes with a price', it was no different for Maeve either. Everyone has a secret, some bad, while others worse, and once a secret is spilled, it travels through the hallways of Beacon Heights like wildfire, destroying everything in its path..."

******

S E P T E M B E R 1 0, 2 0 1 9

Once the classes for the day were over, I made my way to my dormitory

Once the classes for the day were over, I made my way to my dormitory. Turning the knob, I entered my room and noticed Maeve sitting on her bed, crying miserably while Grace comforted her. "Maeve... I-- I didn't see you in physical education today," I said in an attempt to divert her attention.

She turned to me, her eyes red and puffy with tears pouring out of them, "How do you expect me to be in any class, huh? Do you even know what principal Hawthorne told me in his office when he called me in?"

"What?"

"He said that if I don't get a 1200 in the SATs this year, I won't be allowed to participate in the Beacon Heights Talent Show in November. I barely managed to get a 900 last year, using Grace's notes, while she got a 1150, and Grace is the smarter twin! How am I supposed to beat her score?"

"You still have a month, right? Start from today and you'll be ready in no time!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.

"All of this is because of that bitch, Allison!" She clenched her fists as smoke fumed from her ears.