Chapter 46: "We will be watched."

The following chapter deals with strong topics like sexual assault. Reader discretion is advised.

******

"Why inscribe a quote from a ring onto a necklace if you could just tell about your stalker to someone you trust?" detective Richardson asked.

"And who did Allison trust?" He became dumbfounded. "Allison knew everything about the people she toyed with. Their secrets, their insecurities and anything that she could use against them if they turned their backs on her. That's not the subtlest sign of being able to open up to someone with your dirtiest secrets."

"And what was the reason behind such a nature?"

I leaned in. "Her own vulnerability."

******

NOVEMBER 28, 2019

NOVEMBER 28, 2019

"And there goes the last hairpin," I said as I finished Grace's hairdo and looked at her

"And there goes the last hairpin," I said as I finished Grace's hairdo and looked at her. "You look great." And that was a massive compliment from Maeve Rosenstein.

She touched the twisted braids wrapping her bun-hairdo. "It's been a long time since you helped me with my hair." She smiled. "Thank you."

"Stop being so emo about it. I'm your sister and that's what sisters do. Besides, I had nothing better to do after getting ready myself." I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs on the bed.

"I didn't mean to be emo, but with everything that's been going on at school, it feels good to have a glimpse at what used to be our normal before, well, Allison."

"We don't take her name anymore, remember?"

She raised her eyebrows and nodded before inhaling deeply. "I can just smell the food downstairs."

I sighed. "As much as I love turkey and mashed potatoes, I'd rather be somewhere else than here."

"Why?"

I fell onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Because no one wants me anymore. Everyone thinks I'm a fucking traitor."

"And has anyone said that to your face?"