Chapter 13: "Who was Allison?"

"Why didn't you suspect Francesca?" Detective Richardson asked.

"On what basis may I know?"

"Well, given that she was a smart kid and held a grudge against Allison gives me enough reason to believe that she might have had something to do with her murder."

"... You're right. She seems like the perfect killer, doesn't she?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Look detective, if being smart and holding a grudge against Allison count as a suspicion, half of the school would have been in police custody by then."

"What about Crystal's friends- Heather and Andrew? Couldn't they be involved in Allison's death?"

"Maybe... Or maybe we had been getting the entire thing wrong the whole time."

"What do you mean?"

"Detective, I think the appropriate question won't be- Who killed Allison? Rather, it should be- Who was Allison?"

******

S E P T E M B E R   2 0,  2 0 1 9

"I didn't mean to disturb you right now, but it's pretty urgent

"I didn't mean to disturb you right now, but it's pretty urgent..." I said to Heather and Andrew as the three of us were sitting about in the lounge.

"Um... Alright, go on," Andrew answered.

"Had you been to the computer lab yesterday afternoon?"

"Yeah, we were being given our scrips for the fund-raising drama. Why are you asking?" Heather enquired.

"It's... sort of personal, but did you see anyone lingering about station 16?"

The two of them gazed at one another before glancing back at me, "Stations 10 to 20 are reserved for the professors. Besides, we didn't see anyone wandering about in that part of the lab either," Andrew stated.

I nodded, realizing that it was of no use to interrogate them further. Right when I was about to leave, a thought crossed my mind. I turned to the two students sitting across from me, "Were Crystal and Allison close?"