Chapter 86: "All roads lead to Allison, huh?"

"So, Grace lashed out?" detective Richardson asked.

I nodded. "Nothing too out of the blue. I mean, she did go through another traumatic experience just months ago." I shrugged my shoulders. "Besides, getting to know that you might be the reason behind your girlfriend's disappearance is traumatic already."

Detective Richardson hmmed and looked at me. "Was that too the beginning of something unimaginable?"

A scoff escaped my lips, and I glanced back at him. "You have no idea."

******

MARCH 3, 2020

MARCH 3, 2020

"She's broken," I said to April as I finish clipping the free strands of hair to the back of my head

"She's broken," I said to April as I finish clipping the free strands of hair to the back of my head. "She came back at six a.m. Didn't say a word and crashed onto the bed."

"Probably insomnia," April said, and I watched through the mirror how guiltily she looked at Grace.

"You have nothing to do with it, do you?" I asked, turning around just in time to catch her immediate reaction. She shivered visibly as if a static electricity just flew through her, making her stiff in the aftermath. Strange, I thought, and narrowed my eyes at her.

"No!" she said, almost shouting. "It's just the weariness rubbing off on her. She'll be fine," April continued, trying to appear optimistic but failing miserably.

"Alright," I drew out that word rather unnaturally. "I hope the cops find Francesca. We were just sorting things out..."

"Wait, didn't you hate Francesca?" April interjected.

A sigh left me as I patted the last of the blush on my face. "We started making amends at the end of January. She's always there for my sister, and I don't think I can repay her in any way possible. And if we can't be the bestest of friends, we can at least try to put our differences aside for Grace." Closing the small circular glass case, I put it in my bag and turned to April. "Also, I don't think I ever hated Francesca out of my own will. Sure, I was jealous of her because of how Grace treated her. But the whole hating thing started after Allison and I became close."