Chapter 87 : "Stay quiet for me?"

"So you let Kenji into your group?" detective Richardson asked.

"I didn't let him in my group," I corrected him. "We were working together. Just the two of us."

"And what if the Butterfly went after him, now that he was on your side?"

I shrugged. "I guess you'll just have to find out."

******

MARCH 6, 2020

MARCH 6, 2020

"You know what you need to do, right?" I spoke into my phone, stepping into the hospital

"Yes. Don't have to worry about it," Kenji said in Korean, just like I did. If there was a possibility the Butterfly was listening to our conversation, it might as well be in the language they had fewer chances of knowing. "Oh!" Kenji gasped on the other end.

"What?" My eyes widened as his worried voice vibrated in my ears.

"She's here. Bye!" The line went dead. Despite believing him, concern lingering at the back of my head.

"Hi, how may I help you?" the woman at the front desk asked.

I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket and tightened my hold over the bouquet I had brought with me. "I'm here to visit Theo. Theo Hawthorne."

She took a quick glance at the register and asked, "What's your relation to the patient?"

I took in a breath and eased, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips. "I'm his girlfriend." There was this calmness I felt once I said it, like it was the most beautiful truth I had admitted to in the last few days.

The lady nodded and passed the register to me. Putting in my signature, I made my way over to his room, beaming but a bit unnerved.

Once I was right outside the door, I inhaled deeply and knocked twice against the frame.

"Come in." It was his voice; the voice I had been craving to hear again for so long.

I pushed the door open and walked in before closing it behind me. And when I turned to him, he had the most awestruck eyes, like he couldn't believe I was standing right before him. I had never seen him smile so brightly like that. But I felt that way every time I saw him smile, because whenever he did, it was like a thousand fireflies lighting up the sky we were under.