Chapter 108: "I want to fall in love with you all over again."

"How were the Rosensteins reacting to Allison's return, given they were her best friends before all of this ever happened?" Detective Richardson asked.

I sighed. "Grace was angry, obviously. Her hatred for Allison had only grown ever since she disappeared."

"And Maeve?"

I took in a deep breath before answering. "She was scared."

"Scared?" the detective asked, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Maeve was the biggest victim of Allison's manipulation. Turns out, she wasn't done with her yet."

"Not done, how?"

I shrugged. "Guess we will just have to find out for ourselves."

******

APRIL 7, 2020

APRIL 7, 2020

With Grace gone for spring break, I barely had anyone to talk to at school

With Grace gone for spring break, I barely had anyone to talk to at school. April hung out with Theo more frequently and I assumed it was because of what happened with her father. Josh, Isaak, Francesca, and Kenji were gone too, and so was Allison. I was beyond relieved for the latter.

Grace wanted me to return home with her but I refused to go back to that cursed place. I was sure the two bloodsucking creatures in that haunted castle didn't want me back either. I was the garlic they were so repulsed by. Gross, but I couldn't bother to come up with better terminology.

The elevator door dinged open and just as I turned around to head to my dorm after spending an hour in the library, I was faced with the demon I had no intention of crossing paths with anymore.

I turned around and was about to walk back to the elevator when she called out to me.

"Maeve, wait!"

I balled my fists and turned around, meeting Helena's eyes as she approached me. She didn't exude that confidence anymore, the one she betrayed me with. Instead, there was a conflict in her eyes.

"Helena, I think I've made myself clear that I do not want to hear your-"

"Excuses, I know," she said, cutting me off, "and trust me, I'm not here to give you any."