Chapter 1: Why

The flight back wasn't the best, it was long and exhausting. Oikawa had the worst past few hours with having problems at the airport as a few fans found him at the Dubai airport and gathered around him asking for pictures and signatures which he didn't mind but it made him miss his connecting flight. Which resulted in Oikawa having to wait over six hours for the next one back.

Jake picked him up from the airport and they barely exchanged any words as Oikawa curled into a ball throughout the ride and Jake didn't prey into why Oikawa was acting the way he was and Oikawa appreciated that.

He needed to be alone for a while he'd had a long journey and now he just wanted to sleep it off but he'd got an interview in less than six hours and had to deal with Ivy the mother of his child, who'd he left in the middle of their ultrasound.

"Oikawa?" Jake finally spoke.

"Hmm..?" Oikawa hummed in reply looking out of the pass to get seat window.

"What happened."

"Nothing," Oikawa said. "Absolutely nothing," Oikawa said as he wiped a stray tear.

Jake didn't ask anything further. As they continued their ride back to Oikawa's apartment.

The scenery changed from the greenery on the sides of the road to buildings as the light blue sky darkened and grey clouds started to form around.

"Looks like it's gonna rain..." Jake said as he glanced towards Oikawa from the side of his eye.

"Mhmm..."

"Hope it doesn't rain too much," Jake said as he smoothly turned the car towards the right taking over another car to switch lanes.

"Yeah..."

"Our interview is outdoors, I think," Jake said trying to continue the one-sided conversation.

"Oh..."

"Bro," Jake said clicking his tongue.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Hmm?" Oikawa asked as he'd zoned out after saying 'oh..'

"What happened?" Jake asked sighing.

"Nothing really-"

"Oik-"

"She's fine, he's fine. They're fine and I'm fine..."

"As you say..."

Reaching outside Oikawa's apartment Jake drops Oikawa and before Oikawa could get out of the car Jake grabbed Oikawa's arm and made him turn around to face Jake and that's when Jake saw Oikawa's swollen red puffy eyes.

"It's gonna be alright," Jake said as he hugged Oikawa over the car console.

"I know you love him and I don't know if what happened but you need to take a deep breath and-"

"Thank you, Jake," Oikawa cut Jake off. "Thank you for being there for me," Oikawa said hugging Jake back.

"I know I've never actually shown it but I really appreciate it-"

"What's there to thank about?" Jake said pulled apart. "What are bro's for?" Jake said and both Oikawa and Jake looked at each other before they started laughing.

"Now that's what I wanted to see," Jake said smiling at Oikawa. "I want to see you smiling and happy most importantly."

"Thank you-"

"Stop with the 'thank you already!" Jake said throwing his hands up that they hit the roof of the car and then he cursed under his breath. Making Oikawa laugh.

"Now go up there, wash up and rest," Jake said as he checked his watch. "Be ready by 4 pm," Jake told Oikawa.

"You know I can drive myself to the location."

"In the state, you're in...it's better if I drive you," Jake said as his phone started ringing.

"It's Coach," Jake said as he answered the call.

"Good afternoon, Coach Santos-"

Oikawa heard mumbling on the other side of the phone.

"Yes, Coach-yes he's here," Jake said into the phone. "I'm just dropping him at his apartment."

Jake turned to face Oikawa.

"You want to talk to him?" Jake asked looking at Oikawa.

"N-"

"Okay Coach," jake said. "I'll-okay got it." Jake talked in to the phone before the call ended.

"Coach says 'hi' " Jake smiled.

"Yeah, right." Oikawa rolled his eyes.

They both laughed.

_________________

💙 Started 28th August 2021 💙

This is the Book2 of the Iwaoi - "Just Friends" book I have on my profile!

( ^ this is for all the new readers ^ )

And my fellow OG readers....what's up!!!

How do you like the cover?

How was the chapter?

Updates will be every Saturday as always :)