Chapter 2: Just because

As the elevator doors dinged opened Oikawa walked out into the all too familiar hallway towards his apartment. His steps were slow and sluggish. He was tired, he was tired of everything.

Reaching the door he rang the bell, first, no one came then he rung it again still no reply. Sighing he was about to go to the reception to get a spare key when the door opened.

Ivy stood there dressed in shorts and a sports bra with her belly on full display.

"It's grown.."Oikawa said without realizing he'd just said that out loud.

"I-I mean-"

"Shut up and just come inside," Ivy said folding her arms and moving aside from the door frame so Oikawa could enter the apartment.

"I'm sorry Ivy-I-I-"

Before Oikawa could finish his sentence Ivy hugged Oikawa making him pause mid-sentence.

"You jerk!" Ivy said as she pulled away from the hug before Oikawa could hug her back.

"You know how embarrassing it was?" Ivy said looking to her right outside the glass doors leading to the balcony.

"It was the absolute worse! First, you didn't even pay attention to what I was saying and were lost on your phone and then when we go in you just run off!!" Ivy said with tears forming in her eyes. "You know-"

Before she could finish her sentence Oikawa hugged her.

"I'm sorry," Oikawa said as he put his chin on her head. "I'm so sorry," Oikawa repeated. "I promise I'll be there now."

"You mean it?" Ivy asked in a muffled voice.

Oikawa continued. "I'll be right here for you and for our baby..." Oikawa said as tears started to form his eyes.

"This is the first time you've said 'our' baby..." Ivy said.

"Mhmm..."

"You wanna know the gender?" Ivy asked.

Oikawa didn't reply he didn't know if he wanted to know before but now his heart was racing he wanted to know, he wanted to know his baby's gender...

"It's a girl..." Ivy said and Oikawa pulled apart from the hug and smiled at Ivy.

"I know you wanted a boy-"

"I'm so happy," Oikawa said. "I'm so happy I feel like I can touch the sky right now!"

"Now, now let's not get carried away..." Ivy laughed.

"Now tell me are you hungry?" Ivy asked as she walked away from Oikawa towards the kitchen isles.

"Starving!" Oikawa exclaimed.

"Good cause I'm hungry too," Ivy said as she pulled out the pan from the cabinet. "Cause you're cooking." Ivy stuck her tongue out.

Oikawa rolled his eyes.

"Fine..."

"Can you make omelets-"

"I was in the mood for grilled Salmon." Oikawa cut Ivy off.

He wasn't ready to go back and he didn't want to be reminded of the past.

"It's that going to take longer to make?" Ivy asked.

"I don't mind." Oikawa smiled as he took the pan from Ivy's hand and began to get the rest of the ingredients out.

_____________

This was a sweet chapter, no?

And thank you for 100Reads in a day for chapter 1 💖