Chapter 23: Fly

"I'm here to see a patient under the name of Toru Oikawa." Iwaizumi said breathing heavy.

Iwaizumi took the very first flight he could catch to Argentina when he got a call from Jake that Oikawa had gotten in a accident.

Something in Iwaizumi's heart broke... he was left speechless as Jake began to tell him things regarding the crash and that Oikawa had be taken in emergency around 1am. And it's been over 20 hours since the accident.

"Sir, there are no visitors allowed for that patient-"

"He's with me." Jake said from behind Iwaizumi.

"Okay, but it's almost past visiting hours so make it quick." The nurse said before handing Iwaizumi a visitors tag.

"Has he woken up?" Iwaizumi asked gritting his teeth knowing Jake informed him last he's been unconscious for over 12 hours when he'd called him from his layover in Dubai.

"He's still out cold." Jake said keeping his gaze straight. "They had to take him under the emergency surgery....the crash damaged his-"

"Did the doctors say wether his skull got damaged?" Iwaizumi asked cutting off Jake because he really didn't want to hear the end of that sentence.

"He hit his head on the steering wheel but the airbag saved him from getting a bad concussion-"

"It's been over 24 hours and he's still not awake how is that not a concussion?" Iwaizumi asked trying to keep his emotions under control.

"They have medicated him heavily as his injuries were very deep..."

Iwaizumi gulped loudly.

"Here we are..." Jake said as he stopped in front of a door that said 'Private Wing 04'.

Taking a deep breath Iwaizumi put his had on the knob.

"I'll give you some time alone with him." Jake said before he walked back the way they'd just come to the room.

Iwaizumi opened the door and took his steps carefully until his eyes lay on Oikawa all wired up to a heart monitor. With bandages and neck brace.

"You dumb fucking idiot!" Iwaizumi cursed before he walked over to the unconscious Oikawa in the hospital bed and collapsed on the floor in tears.

Iwaizumi wiped his tears and got up on his feet holding his duffle bag on his shoulder. He brought his hand to Oikawa's cheek where he had a bandage covering almost half his cheek.

"If you saw your face you'd probably whine about your face looking like shit..." Iwaizumi chuckled lowly with stray tears starting to fall but he wiped them away.

"But don't worry it'll heal," Iwaizumi said shaking his up and down. "So will the rest of your injuries....but just wake up soon, okay?"

The next 20-30 mins Iwaizumi sat on one of the chairs next to hospital bed Oikawa was on silently making prayers for Oikawa to wake up while holding his hand.

There was a knock on the door and Iwaizumi's looked at the door which then opened to reveal Jake.

"It's past visiting hours..." Jake said.

"Oh, okay." Iwaizumi said getting up on his feet.

"I assume you don't have a place to stay so-"

"It's alright I'll-"

"I'll drop you off at Oikawa's apartment." Jake said to Iwaizumi.

"Are you sure?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Don't worry she's out of the picture...he filed a report against." Jake told Iwaizumi as he walked over to Oikawa.

"The doctors said the surgery had a 50/50 chance of being a success and it-"

"Was a success?" Iwaizumi asked.

"You can see it for yourself."

__________________

Sorry y'all :((