Chapter 26: Influnce

Iwaizumi woke up early morning around 5 am his usual waking up time but he'd usually wake up to go for a jog and then start his day but today it was to get ready and go see Oikawa, in the hospital.

Getting up from the sofa bed Iwaizumi's headed to the kitchen to make himself some coffee but all he found was energy drinks and protein powder.

Sighing Iwaizumi grabbed a energy drink. It wasn't coffee but something that'd get him through the start of the day. As Iwaizumi was about to leave the apartment his phone rung and it was an unknown local number.

'Its probably Jake.'

Iwaizumi thought to himself.

"Hello?"

"Hey, did I wake you?" Jake asked.

"No, I got up like an hour back-"

"Jet leg?" Jake asked.

"Probably-"

"Just wanted to check in on you." Jake said. "And also I wanted to apologize about last night for raising my voice at you but you had to know the truth one way or another cause-"

"It's alright." Iwaizumi told Jake. "Do you have a game today?" Iwaizumi's asked as he brushed his hair with his free hand in front of the mirror in the living room area.

Yeah, about that..."

"It's alright," Iwaizumi's told Jake. "Just send me the hospital's address I'll catch a cab."

The cab ride to hospital took its time because of the traffic there was in the way. The ride gave Iwaizumi some time to collect his thoughts and he texted Suzuki about Isuzu's test week coming up soon and she needs to work with Isuzu on her math practice questions and her kanji.

Finally reaching the hospital he got his visitors lanyard and headed to Oikawa's private room. As Iwaizumi opened the door he wished Oikawa would be awake but sadly he was still asleep.

Bringing one of the chairs next to the hospital bed Iwaizumi took a seat and folded his arms.

"I'm here you know." Iwaizumi said as if he was waiting for Oikawa to wake up suddenly and be like 'Aw how'd ya know I was awake' but nothing of that sort happened.

Iwaizumi the waited for a solid 15 minutes before he sighed and got up on his feet.

"Look, you've gotta get up." Iwaizumi said. "I up and left to come here to be there for you so try to be-" Iwaizumi bit himself lip from continuing that sentence.

Rolling his black button down shirt's sleeves up to his elbows Iwaizumi started pacing in the room.

"You better wake up." Iwaizumi said shaking his head as he looked up at the frosted white ceiling.

Just then there was a knock on the door, and a nurse came in with a doctor behind her.

"Oh, Hello there," the doctor greeted Iwaizumi. "I'm Doctor Hemings." The doctor introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Hajime-"

"Have I seen you before?" The doctor asked cutting Iwaizumi off. "You look very familiar."

Iwaizumi squirted his eyes a bit before it clicked to him. Iwaizumi had heard the name 'Hemings' before not too recently.

"Are you a physiotherapist?" Doctor Hemings asked Iwaizumi.

"Yes, I practice in Japan." Iwaizumi answered.

"Oh of course! I'm Eric Hemings," he said. "My father Albert Hemings he's the head physiotherapist in Argentina and held a practition a few months back, we met there." He explained to Iwaizumi.

"Oh, yes, yes." Iwaizumi shook his head a bit confused but just played along.

"No you don't," the doctor laughed.

"Honestly I only remember you as you got picked every day by our star player." He titled his head towards Oikawa on the bed.

Iwaizumi stood a bit confused.

"Sorry I don't mean to be a stalker or anything." He said. "It's just I had the same car and once accidentally got in it to find him in there." He chuckled

"Honest mistake." He continued.

"It's alright, are you his doctor?" Iwaizumi changed the subject.

"Yes," Doctor Eric Hemings answered. "Are you here to take over-"

"How much longer will he be out." Iwaizumi asked turning to face Oikawa on the hospital bed. "It's been over 72 hours by now."

"In all honesty," Doctor Hemings said. "He was in a bad accident. We were surprised he made it."

Iwaizumi didn't say anything just keep his eyes on Oikawa in the hospital bed so Doctor Hemings continued.

"I don't know if you were told but...the truck ran almost half way over the car he was in. The right side of his body-"

"Was he under the influence?" Iwaizumi asked.

"The driver of the truck was was under the influence, yes." Doctor Hemings answered as he watched the nurse change Oikawa's drip.

"Is it possible for me to take a look at his reports?" Iwaizumi asked.

"It's not allowed but I think I can pull a few strings."

____________

God forbid but have you ever been in an accident?