Chapter 30: Wounds

Sunlight peeked through the curtains waking Iwaizumi up from his slumber. As he blinked a few times to clear his vision. Iwaizumi felt something heavy on his chest and when he saw it was Oikawa.

Oikawa's head was placed on Iwaizumi's chest with his hair tickling Iwaizumi chin. Iwaizumi looked at the clock on the bedside table which read 6:21am. Iwaizumi's max 5-6 hours of sleep clock was on as usual and woke him up exactly on time before his shifts would have begun.

Iwaizumi had taken an off for 2 weeks from work to come stay with Oikawa and take care of him. Which he knew wasn't enough but he couldn't take too long of a break but he did want to stay beside Oikawa. He couldn't as he'd already got a lot to deal with already. But he'd let the hospitals head that he might need to use up some of his accumulated days off for maybe a months at max. He did have 90 days of holidays worth of days off of the year as he'd not used one of them not once.

Closeting his eyes he tried to fall back asleep for at least and hour or two maximum. Plus moving right now would wake Oikawa up and he didn't want to do that. Iwaizumi kissed the top of Oikawa head out of the blue and shocked himself before he shook his head mentally slapping himself.

This made Oikawa move a bit and hug Iwaizumi's body and bring his head up a bit so that his forehead was near Iwaizumi's lips and this made Iwaizumi tense up.

"Don't worry," Oikawa said in a rough voice. "I won't do anything..."

"You're awake?" Iwaizumi asked shocked even though he hadn't moved as he feared Oikawa would wake up. Then he realized maybe the peck on the head woke him up.

"I woke up an hour ago." Oikawa said as he kept his eyes closed. "I didn't want to wake you." Oikawa told Iwaizumi.

"Are you hungry? You didn't have dinner properly-" Iwaizumi started but Oikawa put a hand on Iwaizumi mouth making the last part muffled.

"I just wanna stay in bed, a bit longer." Oikawa told Iwaizumi and Iwaizumi didn't reply back instead moved on his side where Oikawa had his head and hugged him back.

"Wh-what are y-you doing??" Oikawa asked in a bit of panic with his face turning red and his ears heating up.

"The doctor said you should keep your le-legs straight." Iwaizumi said.

"You know you can say leg only?" Oikawa told Iwaizumi. "There is only one leg left after all..."

"You still have half of it don't you?" Iwaizumi asked Oikawa but before Oikawa could reply Iwaizumi continued. "I'll make sure that you can walk again-"

"How?" Oikawa asked cutting Iwaizumi off. "Please enlighten me."

"Don't worry about that for now, right now we need the wounds to heal. Then we can work on your walking."

"Um, okay, I guess?" Oikawa said a bit confused.
___________________

Kinda cute, no?

Btw that's the ^ image ^ I have added is what I've used for the cover of "Just Friends" <3