Chapter 16: Run?

"So what's your plan?" Jake asked as Oikawa came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Plan for?" Oikawa asked as he grabbed his shirt out of the gym bag from the inside of this locker which he kept on the wooden bench between the lockers now.

"If the baby isn't your..."

Oikawa didn't say anything.

"Come on bro!" Jake threw his hands up in the air. "Tell me what's on your mind?" Jake asked sighing.

"I don't know Jake, this whole time I didn't want it to be mine but now that I know is there is a possibility...that she's not mine I feel...weird.."

"I understand where you're coming from..." Jake agreed with Oikawa.

"So basically you didn't want to believe it's true that you impregnated women whom you accidentally slept with while being in a relationship with someone else who you're MADLY!! IN LOVE with." Jake said pulling on his shirt over his head.

"But then you finally started to come to terms with it slowly and steadily even though it hurt to know that you lost your love due to an accidental one night stand," Jake said while he saw Oikawa gawking holding his phone.

"What's wrong?"

"She's not mine," Oikawa said. "There is only 3% match compared to Antonio who has...78%"

"Wait then who's the father? Isn't it supposed to be 80% and plus?" Oikawa asked confused.

"It's supposed to be 99.9%....this is very off," Jake said coming over to where Oikawa stood.

"Can I take a look at it?" Jake asked as he peered into Oikawa's phone from the side.

"Sure..." Oikawa handed Jake the phone.

"Well, if my guess is right...she's been cheating on Antonio while they were dating...." Jake said.

"Antonio said it was an open relationship...I feel so bad for Antonio-"

"This is no time to feel bad or blah it's time you pull those jeans on and catch a plane!"

"What?" Oikawa asked confused.

"The baby isn't yours you have to tell Iwai-something I forgot how to pronounce his name..."

Oikawa stood there idle frozen for a minute processing the news he's not the father of the baby Ivy had...

"He won't even pick up my calls..."

"That's why I'm saying go fly over there and tell him face to face!!" Jake exclaimed.

"What are you waiting for???"

"He's with his ex-wife now..."

"What?? Wait when did she come in the picture? I thought she up and left...regardless if he loves nearly as much as crazy you are about him he'll forgive you!"

"Forgive me?"

"Yes! Why else do you think he must've gone to his EX-WIFE?!? He missed you! He was jealous of you having someone and wanted to make you jealous...okay the last part I'm not sure of but the first one has to be true!" Jake exclaimed.

"Are you sure?" Oikawa asked tilting his head to the side not completely believing Jake's statements but then it hit him.

'He kissed me!'

"He kissed you??" Jake gasped.

"Wait, did I say that out loud?"

"Hold up! Did he kiss you when you went to your hometown like two weeks back?" Jake asked disregarding Oikawa's question.

"Yeah..but it was a short one..."

"A kiss is a kiss!"

"I think you're making this a bit-"

Jake held up a hand to Oikawa while he flipped his phone out and failed up a number.

"Hi, Josh can you book me a ticket to Japan it's a bit urgent..."

"Oi hold up-"

"Yeah yeah everything okay," Jake said shushing Oikawa. "It's for a friend he's in a bit of a relationship crisis," Jake said over the phone.

"Okay, I'll wait for your email, thanks you're the best!" Jake said on the phone before hanging up.

"You're going to Japan and that's final."

________________

I feel like Jake earned a place in your heart, no?