Chapter 29: Sleep?

"Move you hand," Iwaizumi's said as he took over on unbuttoning Oikawa's shirt.

Oikawa didn't say anything back, just left Iwaizumi take over on unbuttoning his shirt. It was around 6pm and Oikawa was getting changed in to comfortable clothes before heading to bed. As the doctor had told him his painkillers would make his extra drowsy due to their high dosage.

Unbuttoning Oikawa's shirt Iwaizumi helped Oikawa take it off. That's when Iwaizumi noticed the prominent shadows of Oikawa's ribs dips and bumps showing. Iwaizumi's eyes roamed all over the frail body of Oikawa which looked like he'd starved for days.

That's when Iwaizumi realized what the doctor had told him about making him eat as his vitals were extremely low.

Unintentionally Iwaizumi's finger brushed past Oikawa ribs where his skin seemed like something just draped over them to keep them covered.

"What the hell Oikawa..." Iwaizumi said under his breath. Before he looked at Oikawa's face which was pale as snow.

"What have you been doing to yourself?" Iwaizumi asked as his eyes met with Oikawa brown eyes which seemed to lost their spark.

"It doesn't concern you." Oikawa said as he moved Iwaizumi's hand and grabbed his shirt from next to him on the bed.

Oikawa was sitting on the bed while Iwaizumi stood in shock looking at Oikawa's malnourished body.

"You can go now." Oikawa said as he started to pull the shirt over his head.

"Fine." Iwaizumi said as he exited the room slamming the door behind him.

'I didn't want him to look at me, not like this...'

Oikawa thought to himself with his tears in his eyes.

Taking his medicines Oikawa pulled the covers on top of his head and cried himself to sleep.

Iwaizumi was fuming yet hurt at the same time. It was a new mixture of emotions for him. He couldn't get rid of the image of Oikawa skeleton looking body.

Pacing around the living Iwaizumi sighed and plopped on the sofa bed with was in its sofa position right now and turned on the television but on low volume. He couldn't understand shut so he just muted the television while he flipped through a few movie shows.

Iwaizumi was woken up by a scream and that followed by loud crying. Quickly getting up he rushed towards the bedroom where Oikawa was sleeping.

Entering the room he saw Oikawa bawling his eyes out. Iwaizumi rushed to Oikawa's side.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Iwaizumi asked with panic in his voice.

"I sa-saw it!" Oikawa cried.

"Saw what?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Th-th-"

"The crash?" Iwaizumi asked. And Oikawa hugged his arms around his body tightly as if trying to cut his breathing.

"Hey," Iwaizumi said trying to get Oikawa attention. "Hey, hey, looking at me." Iwaizumi said and Oikawa adverted his gaze from Iwaizumi.

"Look at me shittykawa!" Iwaizumi Iwaizumi said a bit louder. Oikawa still didn't look just seemed to get more scared.

Iwaizumi cursed himself before he took his hands to cup Oikawa's face and make him look up at him. Looking into Oikawa's eyes Iwaizumi saw pain and fear. And that made Iwaizumi's heart break looking at Oikawa in such a state.

Iwaizumi let go of Oikawa's face and hugged Oikawa and with one of his hands trying to pry off Oikawa's hands from squeezing the breath out of himself.

Eventually Oikawa hugged back Iwaizumi and started to cry louder shaking in fear.

"I'm here," Iwaizumi's said. "I'll be here for you." Iwaizumi cooed into Oikawa right ear.

As Iwaizumi cradled Oikawa, his eye landed on the bedside clock that read 11:37pm. It was late and the doctor said he needs to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep.

"C-can y-you hold me un-until I fall asleep?" Oikawa asked with his voice breaking while speaking.

"Move over." Iwaizumi told Oikawa as he moved Oikawa slightly towards the middle of the bed and he made himself some more space to lay down with Oikawa in his arms.

"Are you s-sure you c-can sleep-"

"Yes, now close your eyes." Iwaizumi said as he brushed his free hand though Oikawa's brown locks.

____________________

What was the worst dream/nightmare you've had?