Chapter 6: Red

"Come on," Ivy called out. "We're gonna be late!!"

"I'm coming!" Oikawa called out as he exited the bathroom with his hair all standing up and spiky.

"Oho at least brush your hair," Ivy said as she walked over to Oikawa and started to make Oikawa's hair flat with her hands as she combed her finger through them.

"You know you have very poofy hair?" Ivy told Oikawa as she finished up trying to settle Oikawa's poofy hair.

"Yeah.." Oikawa chuckled nervously.

"Like honestly, the number of hair products you've got in the bathroom is way more than mine." Ivy chuckled. "Let's go," Ivy said as she took hold of Oikawa's hand and they left the apartment.

The car ride was alright they both talked about how their day had been and what they had planned for the next day. Oikawa told her about his matches coming up and he'd be coming home a bit late due to having to go extra practice.

"I don't mind at all." Ivy shook her head. "I'll keep dinner ready for you," Ivy said as she checked her phone.

"You don't have to too," Oikawa said. "I actually have a certain diet I have to follow now on until the matches start," Oikawa told Ivy as she continued typing on her phone while Oikawa drove.

"I've got to be a protein diet with bare minimum carbs," Oikawa explained.

"Oh okay," Ivy said getting off of her phone. "I'll cook something appropriate to that then-"

"You don't have to do that actually, I make meals in the morning so I can have them throughout the day," Oikawa explained.

"Sounds like quite a hassle no?"

"Not once you get used to it..." Oikawa said as she stopped at a red light.

"So you like only have meat and protein shakes?" Ivy asked Turing to face Oikawa.

"Not exactly but kinda..."

"So that means we have to go grocery shopping on Sunday," Ivy said. "Let me put a reminder."

The red light turned green and Oikawa took a left turn leading to a road-going into a community area with similar houses with small mailboxes in front.

Reaching one of the most unique-looking houses because it was painted yellow compared to the rest of the off-white houses.

There was a long line of cars parked. So Oikawa suggested Ivy gets off in front of the house as it wasn't going to be good for her to walk such a long way as she got exhausted faster nowadays.

Parking the car about six cars behind Oikawa got out of the car and as he clicked the car keys to lock the car doors Oikawa turned around to bump into a redhead who was jogging on the pavement.

"I'm so sorry," the redhead said. "I wasn't looking."

"It's alright," Oikawa said. "I should've noticed you." As Oikawa rubbed his head.

"No no I'm sorry I was texting while jogging- wait, hold up..." the redhead said as he helped Oikawa up from the pavement.

"I know you!" The redhead said.

"I know, I know, I'm-"

"The jealous boyfriend from the club!" The redhead said.

"Wait, what?" Oikawa asked confused as he got up on his feet.

"You're the guy whose boyfriend was too shy to go on the dance floor!" The redhead exclaimed.

Oikawa furrowed his eyebrows and he tried to recall what he was talking about. And that's when it hit Oikawa.

"You're that bartender!" Oikawa said pointing at the redhead.

"Yup! That's me." The redhead smiled. "So how're things with your boyfriend?" The redhead asked.

"Boy...friend..." Oikawa said as he remembered that night. How he'd convince Iwaizumi go with him to the club and that too is their first actual date since they'd reunited after eight years.

"Hope you two are doing well-" The redhead said pulling Oikawa out of his zone out.

"You asshole!" A guy called out as he walked up behind the redhead. "You could've given me a heads up." The guy said breathlessly.

"Sorry Jax," the redhead said as he turned to face the guy behind him.

"This is my husband," the redhead said putting an arm around a man with black hair. "Jax, this is the guy I told you about." The redhead told his raven hair guy.

"You've told me about quite a few guys," Jax said. "Be more specific," Jax said as he catches his breath.

"They one whose boyfriend was ashamed to call his 'boyfriend' his 'boyfriend', remember?" The redhead asked.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember," Jax said.

"You're memory is worse than a goldfish." The redhead said shaking his head.

"Oh please, you can't even remember what you ate at breakfast," Jax told the redhead.

"Well, who remembers why you eat for breakfast," the redhead said rolling his eyes. "Do you remember?" The redhead asked Oikawa.

"Uh.."

"See, he doesn't even remember!" The redhead exclaimed.

"Whatever," Jax said rolling his eyes. "Can we go home? I'm tired." Jax asked.

"Sure," the redhead said pecking Jax on the lips before he turned back to face Oikawa. "I live just across the road from here, you should come over with your boyfriend sometime." The redhead said.

"I don't live here," Oikawa said "I'm actually here to-"

"Oho, here take my number," the redhead said as he put his hand out asking for Oikawa's phone.

"Okay..." Oikawa said as he handed the redhead his phone.

"Here ya go," the redhead said. "I'll leave myself a miss call, so I have your number too!" The redhead told Oikawa.

"Now I've gotta go," the redhead said as he pointed at Jax. "Or else this idiot is gonna collapse."

"Ugh," Jax let out at the redhead. "Nice to meet you though," Jax said reaching his hand out to shake Oikawa's hand and Oikawa did, then Jax turned around and began to walk back to their house most probably.

"See ya around!" The redhead called out to Oikawa as he ran up behind the raven head named Jax and jumped on his back and the raven head caught him and gave him like a piggyback ride.
_____________

Yes, I called Oikawa's hair poofy, got a problem?

Andddd who remembers the redhead??