Chapter 15: Positive

It's been three days since Oikawa gave in the DNA tests for the paternity test. The doctor had told him it takes up to three to five days to get the result and that it will come to him in the Mail. But Oikawa hadn't gotten anything in the mail yet.

Oikawa had apologized to the coach for missing practice and the coach cut Oikawa some slack as he'd said it was alright as Oikawa had just become a father but Oikawa hadn't told the coach that the baby could be Antonio's as well or at least that he knows about Antonio and Ivy's past because he felt this was something he had to deal with himself.

Sighing Oikawa grabbed his gym bag from under his bed and began to pull out a pair of shorts and a shirt to change into before heading out for practice.

Changing into the pair of new shorts he walked into the bathroom to put on some cologne when he noticed his reflection. His hair had started to hoeing again as the sides of his head that Ivy had trimmed had already started to grow out, his eyes had bags underneath them with lines forming on his forehead due to constantly wrinkling his brows.

Pulling on his shirt Oikawa headed out of the apartment to his car. On the way to his car, Oikawa checked his phone. Hoping he'd gotten a mail from the clinic he'd send the DNA for the results of the test.

Starting the car Oikawa turned on the FM radio. The drive to practice was mostly silent with soft music playing in the back. But Oikawa's head was going off all he could think about were if the baby was his or not.

Oikawa couldn't make up his mind about whether he wanted the baby to be his or not his or his...he'd believe it so far it was his just even thinking if it wasn't his was out of the question but not until Antonio came out clean to him about having a history with Ivy.

'Why hadn't Ivy told me...'

Oikawa thought to himself.

Reaching the gym Oikawa went to the locker room to put away his stuff before heading out into the gym and start practice.

"Think fast!" Jake called out as he threw a ball at Oikawa which Oikawa caught by his face.

"Shit," Jake called out as he jogged over to Oikawa. "I didn't mean to hit you on the face." Jake apologized.

"It's okay," Oikawa said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fuck, your nose is bleeding! lemme get a towel!" Jake said as he rushed towards the benches and grabbed a small towel.

"Here," Jake said as he handed Oikawa the towel to hold against his nose. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright-"

"What're you boys up to?" Coach asked from behind Oikawa and that made him jump a bit.

"Coach," Jake and Oikawa said in sync.

"Oh, what the hell is this??" Coach asked motioning to Oikawa's bloody nose.

"It was an accident-"

"We were just-"

"Save that for the opposing team." Coach said.

"Wait that's a foul coach," Jake said awkwardly.

"So what?" The coach said laughing. "We'll be needing everything this fall if we want to make it past the Frenchies!"

"But we won't face them until-"

"Boy, we're going to grab the trophy by the balls this time! I don't want them Frenchies to take that trophy this time, I won't stand it!"

"Now go ice that nose of yours and head to practicing." The coach said as he walk away laughing eagerly.

"Is he okay?" Oikawa asked Jake.

"I'm genuinely concerned for the old man," Jake said. "But apparently he's made a bet with coach Mika that he'll buy him lobster if we get the trophy and you know how coach loves seafood."

Oikawa chuckled before saying ow.

"Yeah let's ice that first," Jake said holding the towel to Oikawa's nose a bit harder as he tilted Oikawa's head back.

_______________

Have you ever gotten a bloody nose or given one?