Chapter 20: Forgotten

It's been two days since Oikawa saw Iwaizumi and three days since he'd been locked up in his room. And a week away from the fall tournament to begin. Coach had been constantly on his head but since the paternity test came out his attention drifted to dealing with that then grilling Oikawa for skipping practice three days in a row.

Laying in bed Oikawa tossed and turned his back was hurting a bit due to how rough Iwaizumi had been with him. And each time he'd think about it tears would flood Oikawa's eyes. He felt like they'd finally resolved the thing that made them drift apart but apparently not. Sighing Oikawa got up and dragged himself to the bathroom where he took a hot shower.

Coming out of the shower Oikawa wrapped a towel around his torso as he walked out in to the room and sat on the bed holding his head in his palms.

Tears sting his eyes as he recalled the night he'd spent with Iwaizumi a few days back. Letting out a shaking breath Oikawa pulled up his knees to his chin and hugged his arms around them cradling himself.

Just then the phone rung. Without thinking Oikawa answered it not realizing it was a FaceTime until Isuzu's face popped up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE OIKAWA!!!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, hi Isuzu-" Oikawa wiped the few stray tears with the back of his left hand.

"Are you alright, uncle Oikawa?" Isuzu asked with concern in her voice.

"Oh nothing, just took a shower so it's water from my hair got in my eyes-" Oikawa made up trying to hide the fact he was crying.

"It doesn't seem like it, your eyes are all puffy..."

"Allergies-"

"Oh my your neck!" Isuzu exclaimed.

And that's when Oikawa realized the necklace of hickeys on his neck were on full display.

"Daddy!!" Isuzu called out behind her and Iwaizumi came in the frame from behind.

"Look!" Isuzu exclaimed shoving the FaceTime at Iwaizumi's face.

Now Iwaizumi and Oikawa locked eyes through the pixel screen and Oikawa's breathing hitched.

"What should uncle Oikawa do? His eyes are all puffy and he's got these red bruises on his neck! And-"

"I'm fine Isuzu-" Oikawa said breaking eye connection with Iwaizumi.

"No! uncle Oikawa these look like something serious! Are there big spiders in Argentina?" Isuzu asked all concerned.

"He'll be fine." Iwaizumi said as he was about to hand Isuzu the phone again Isuzu gasped.

"You have them too!" Isuzu said pulling aside Iwaizumi's collar a bit showing his collarbone where there were a few fading pink blemishes.

"This is just a rash, Zuzu." Iwaizumi told Isuzu.

"Oh...." Isuzu let out. "Aren't you going to wish your bestie happy birthday??" Isuzu asked folding ever arms.

"Happy birthday." Iwaizumi said and Oikawa just nodded and thanked him.

"God sometimes you two can be such...ughhh." Isuzu said. "I'm heading to the bathroom you two talk."

"I've got to go get some-" Iwaizumi started as he was about to hand Isuzu the phone.

"I said talk." Isuzu said in a stern voice. Then smiled. "I've gotta pee." And walked away leaving Iwaizumi and Oikawa awkwardly looking in the camera at each other.

After a awkward minute Iwaizumi spoke.

"You should ice them." Iwaizumi said looking at the bottom of the screen trying to not make eye contact.

"It's going to get the redness to go." Iwaizumi continued.

"Why did you call it a mistake." Oikawa blurted out making Iwaizumi to look up at Oikawa who was holding tears in and it could show.

"It was one." Iwaizumi said gulping.

"I told you, I showed you the baby wasn't mine." Oikawa said.

"Oikawa-"

"And you weren't drunk." Oikawa continued.

"You're right," Iwaizumi said. "I wasn't drunk."

"Then why'd you kiss me?" Oikawa asked.

"I wanted to."

"You wanted to?" Oikawa asked a bit confused. "Then-"

"Look it was a mistake and I'm sorry."

"It wasn't a mistake because I could tell you missed me just as much as I had." Oikawa said.

"Oikawa," Iwaizumi massaged his temples. "Can we not?"

"Why?" Oikawa questioned disregarding Iwaizumi's attempts to end the conversation.

"Why did you call it a mistake when clearly-"

"Oikawa-"

"-You missed me just as much as I had."

"Fine I missed you," Iwaizumi's said. "Is that what you want to hear?" Iwaizumi asked sighing.

Oikawa didn't say anything.

"But it doesn't justify the fact that we can be the same way we were." Iwaizumi said locking eyes with Oikawa.

"You still cheated on me, and hid it."

Oikawa didn't say anything.

"And I don't want to hurt you any long-"

"You never hurt me I hurt you!" Oikawa exclaimed.

"So I'm going to have to ask you to stop interacting with Isuzu."

"WHAT?"

"Daddy??" Isuzu said as she entered the room again.

"It's for the best." Iwaizumi said before he cut the call.
_________________

Oh fvck :0