Chapter 24: Success

* TRIGGERING CONTENT *

The drive to Oikawa's apartment was a quite one. Iwaizumi kept his eyes straight and so did Jake. After like 10 minutes of awkward silence Jake spoke.

"He had your number saved as an emergency contact...even though you live like across the globe." Jake said chuckling.

"I was second," Jake said as he stopping chuckling. "Well it was obvious you'd be his number one." Jake said and Iwaizumi did not reply just hummed him reply.

"He really fucking loves you! And I know-" Jake said sighing.

"I know..." Iwaizumi said.

"You-wait-hold up." Jake said as he slowed down the car at a stop signal.

"Then why'd you tell him to leave?"

"I never told him to leave-wait how do you know about that?" Iwaizumi changed this statement to a question.

"He didn't have say it," Jake said. "or tell me...I could see that he was just...worse, worse than he was earlier." Jake said shaking his head.

"He's quite a chatter box or peoples person as one may say, but he only says what he has to get by with." Jake said sighing.

"He keeps way to much to himself and when it's too much he breaks down but in closed doors." Jake said as the red light turned green and drove past the signal.

"I know," Iwaizumi said.

"If you know all this why do you still push him away?" Jake asked looking straight at the road.

"He needs to learn shit happens." Iwaizumi finally said in a clam tone.

"What's that supposed to mean? Hasn't he gone through enough-"

"Do you know what he put me through?" Iwaizumi asked turning to face Jake who kept his eye straight on the road ahead.

"Yes," Jake gulped. "He told me."

"Did he tell you," Iwaizumi turned to face the road as well as he continued. "He broke the news to my parents about my sexuality without even asking me, or caring what that would put me though."

"I was a fucking seventeen year old with a homophobic father."

"I didn't kn-"

"That fucking idiot said he wanted to 'free' me but all he did was put me in such deep waters that my whole relationship with my father, no my parents went to shit and when I needed him, he up and left without a word."

"I didn't get one call or text." Iwaizumi said laughing.

"I finally mend my relationship or what was left of it with my parents by following their dream for me. Doing exactly what they wanted, and I did it without saying no to anything as much as it wasn't what I wanted from my life." Iwaizumi continued.

"I finally found someone, I settled down even though the circumstances weren't the best. I was a struggling pre-med, with a wife and on the way was our child and I had to make money fast."

"I blew off all of the saving I'd had for a house, I took as many shift I could once I got working properly. I gave it my best. Yet my wife left me, my daughter got diagnosed with cancer. But you don't see me complaining or sulking. I pulled my shit together."

Jake stayed quite as he drove.

"Then this piece of shit popped up back in my life." Iwaizumi shook his head. "I tried to keep my distance but then again I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I gave in after a lot of assurance from him he'd grown up, changed or matured as you may call it." Iwaizumi laughed again.

"And oh how I was wrong. He was the same child he'd been back then. The only thing that'd changed was he'd grown taller if that was even possible. As much he tries to show he's a grown up and has his shit together he never does. And worse of all he lies, he lies with his smiles."

"He didn't lie-"

"Oh he's lied so many times, you have no idea, he must've lied to you as well and you wouldn't even know it, that's how good he is at it." Iwaizumi said shaking his head. "That shit knows his ways, he knows exactly what to say and to do to get by, that too by his ways."

"He was going to tell you." Jake said finally. "He said he would tell you before you left back in February-"

"But did he now?" Iwaizumi asked. "I trusted him blindly. I trusted him when he told me the lipstick I found was from a party he'd thrown at his place and some lady must've left it. I believe him. He told me he loved me, I believed it. And oh how I was wrong about all that as well."

"I'm here for him now," Iwaizumi said as he tighten his grip on his duffle bags strap that was on his lap. "I'm just repaying for how how helped me, with Isuzu."

"Wait, you're not serious a-"

"I am." Iwaizumi cut Jake off. "As soon as he's back on his feet I'm gone."

"You can't be serious!" Jake exclaimed.

"He fucking loves you! don't you love him?"

"When did I say I don't love him?" Iwaizumi asked with a smile. "But it's not like I don't hate him either."

"You love him...have you told him that? He'd be so happy to-"

"Oh he knows, I told him." Iwaizumi said making a straight line of his lips. "Yet he went and-"

"Iwazun-"

"Iwazun?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Sorry dude I'm not good at pronouncing Japanese names took me like three months to perfect Oikawa."

"You can call me Iwa." Iwaizumi told Jake.

"Okay, Iwa." Jake said. "Oikawa may have done all that but he didn't cheat on you on purpose. It was a mistake-"

"Of course you'd say that-"

"No, listen to me!" Jake said "Please and sorry for my voice going up, it's just that I want you to know the story the true story."

______________

Well, that was deep...