Chapter 28: Left

It's been five days since Oikawa woke up to know he'd lost half a limb. That too his right leg which he'd already had an injury (Jumpers knee) on since his high school days.

Oikawa got discharged from the hospital today and now Oikawa sat on the wheelchair as Iwaizumi pushed it towards his apartment door. Stopping in front of the door Iwaizumi took the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door before he pushed Oikawa on the wheelchair in the apartment and shut the door behind them.

"I kinda cleaned up your place." Iwaizumi told Oikawa scratching the nape of his head, as he looked forward towards the living room.

"Hmm..." Oikawa just hummed and rolled the wheelchair wheels towards the center of the living room.

There was the sofa bed that was closed for now but had a pillow and a blanket folded and kept on side. Before Oikawa could say something Iwaizumi spoke.

"I lowered the bed so it would be easier for you to get on it." Iwaizumi told Oikawa as he walked towards the bedroom with Oikawa rolling the wheelchair behind Iwaizumi.

"I unscrewed the bolts and moved them down." Iwaizumi told Oikawa.

"I'll make something for you." Iwaizumi said as he left the room. Leaving Oikawa in the room alone.

Oikawa hadn't slept in this room for over quite a few months and he wasn't ready to sleep in it yet. Oikawa rolled his wheelchair towards the bathroom where he took a look at himself in the mirror.

A huge bandage plastered across his left cheek with a few stitches on his forehead. His tired eyes with such dark sleep deprivation bags he looked at himself at the mirror and broke down in tears.

Sobbing softly so Iwaizumi wouldn't be able to hear him as he silently cried to himself.

"Oikawa?" Iwaizumi called out to Oikawa after a few minutes.

"Oikawa?" The voice got closer to the bathroom and Oikawa stopping his crying and used his shirts sleeves to wipe his tears away and sniffled a bit.

"What're you doing in the bathroom." Iwaizumi asked as he entered the bathroom. Standing behind Oikawa who was in a wheelchair.

"Just looking at myself..." Oikawa said. "I look like shit." Oikawa said as he rolled his wheelchair out of the bathroom.

"Well," Iwaizumi said as he walked out of the bathroom behind Oikawa. "You went through some shit."

Oikawa hummed in reply.

"I made you something to eat." Iwaizumi said as he walked out the bedroom.

"Come on, before it gets cold." Iwaizumi told Oikawa.

As Iwaizumi placed the food he'd prepared on the dinning table Oikawa rolled the wheelchair towards the dinning table and took a look at the food.

Iwaizumi took a seat away from the table so Oikawa could roll his wheelchair there.

"Here," Iwaizumi said as he put some rice and stir-fry vegetables in Oikawa's plate. "The meats gonna take a few more minutes, but you can start with this."

Oikawa just nodded as he started to poke around the food in his plate and took a few bites occasionally.

"You don't like it?" Iwaizumi asked after a few minutes of watching Oikawa poke around the food in his plate.

"I'm just not that hungry." Oikawa said as he put the fork down on the plate. "I'll eat later."

"Okay," Iwaizumi said as he got up with his plate in his hand which was empty. "I'll put your food in the microwave so it doesn't get cold."

"Thanks," gave Iwaizumi a fake smile of his.

"Don't do that." Iwaizumi said as he turned around to put Oikawa's food in the microwave.

"Do what?" Oikawa asked.

"Gave me your fake-ness." Iwaizumi said as he picked up his plate from the table. "I don't like it."

"My smiles are genuine." Oikawa said.

"I can tell when they're genuine and when they aren't." Iwaizumi said as he put the plate in the sink. "So that shit ain't gonna work on me."

____________
I remembered that one scene in which Oikawa gets the best setter certificate/medal and Iwaizumi's like I haven't seen you smile like that in a while or somethin....I needa rewatch Haikyuu lol XP