Chapter 14: Ours

Ivy's protests didn't stop but Oikawa got Antonio to agree to get it done and no matter what Ivy said Oikawa was persistent in getting it done. It's been two days since the baby girl that was supposed to be Oikawa but now not sure if she was Oikawa's and Oikawa hadn't visited the hospital since the day Ivy gave birth.

Today Oikawa was on his way to the hospital and was sure to get Ivy to give in to get the paternity test done. Reaching the hospital Oikawa made his way up to the hospital room Ivy had been in. As Ivy had lost a lot of blood during her labor the doctors had suggested she'd stay at the hospital for a day or two. And Oikawa couldn't be happier he didn't want her to come back to his apartment.

"I'm getting it done," Oikawa told Ivy as he walked in the room with the plastic bag with a test tube with a swab stick in it.

"I told you I don't-"

"Ivy if you're that sure she's mine why don't you let me get the test done?" Oikawa asked Ivy in an annoyed and irritated tone.

"Cause I know and you know and Antonio is just here to fuck stuff up." Ivy lashed at Oikawa.

"We stopped dating like months before we met!" Ivy told Oikawa in a calmer tone.

"Look, Ivy, I need to get this done," Oikawa said. "I need to know if she's mine or not," Oikawa said finally taking a deep breath.

"I can get other people involved but I'm trying to not get too many people in this." Oikawa told Ivy.

"Oikawa just because Antonio came in blabbering you believe she's not yours-"

"I didn't say I believe she's not mine." Oikawa said sighing "All I want to do is confirm...she's min-"

"Our," Ivy said looking down at the baby in her arms. "You haven't even held her," Ivy said as she kissed the top of the baby girl's head.

"Don't you want to hold our daughter?" Ivy asked Oikawa.

"I-I-"

"Come here," Ivy asked Oikawa to come towards her.

Oikawa kept the paper file on the side table and bent down slightly to pick the baby girl up. The baby started crying immediately leaving her mother's/Ivy's arms.

"Shh.." Oikawa said as he cradled the baby.

The baby stopped crying eventually and started cuddling into Oikawa's chest. The baby was as just as big as Oikawa's forearm and that sounds to be a big baby compared to being a premature one.

The baby started suckling on Oikawa's index finger and Oikawa handed her back to Ivy to feed her.

"Tell me she's not yours, not ours," Ivy said smiling softly as Oikawa cradled the baby.

"The test will confirm," Oikawa said before he opened one of the test tubes and wiped the baby's saliva from his finger on the swab and put it back in the test tube.

"Wait, what're you doing??" Ivy asked in a panicked voice as she looked up from feeding the baby at Oikawa.

"Thanks," Oikawa said before he left the room.

________________

Just imagine if the baby is a 50/50 🤭