Chapter-2

2 more hours and I'll be free. Just 2 more hours and I'll be able to go home.

"Yeonjun please check on the pastries, they should be ready by now."

"Sure Mr. Min"

I headed to the kitchen and suddenly my insides were filled with the sweet smell of melted chocolate and cranberry and various syrups that Mr. Min used in his dishes. His pastries were known to be the best in our neighborhood. While I was checking up on the baked goodies, the front doorbell jingled, signaling that a customer has come.

"Hi, what would you like to order?" I heard the voice of the other part-timer, Heeseung, greet the customer.

"I'll take a vanilla latte, 1 Americano with no ice, 2 strawberry pastries, and 1 banana cupcake, thank you"

"That will be ₩29,000"

For some reason, hearing people spending thousands without thinking twice annoyed me. I need to work at least 4 hours for that money but some people don't even have to bat an eyelid. It's good that they are rich but it makes me feel like a miser. Someone who spends his money only on instant coffee and cup noodles. 29,000 won is worth 5 days of my food. I wish I was born rich. Maybe then I would be buying all this delicious stuff as well.

.
"Hyung can you please complete this order? I really need to go pee" Heeseung rushed in and pleaded with doe eyes.

"Of course," I said and he bowed 90⁰ and scurried off to the bathroom at the back of the Cafe. I chuckled. Heeseung was a good kid. He was always nice and was always willing to cover my shifts whenever I had any exam but unfortunately he was forced to work part-time in order to pay for his tuition. It's always the innocent who have it hard.

The guy who ordered was sitting at the far end of the Cafe, near the glass windows. He looked oddly familiar. He had silver hair that fell on his forehead in a thick fringe. His face rung a bell in my head but I couldn't figure out where I had seen him.

"Here is your food, sir. I'll bring your cupcake in a minute."

He turned and as soon as his gaze fell on my face, his eyes widened.
"Yeonjun? What are you doing here?"

"Sorry?"

"Ah, I must have confused you with somebody else. You look a lot like someone I know." He sheepishly smiled and looked away.

.
It was a few minutes later that I approached the silver-haired boy again to deliver his banana cupcake. What I didn't notice was that he wasn't alone anymore. He was accompanied by someone I knew very well.

"Yeonjun?"

I turned around to the source of the sound and my eyes were met by the familiar pair of dark brown eyes.

"Soobin?"

"What's up, Mr. Tutor? Didn't know you were a barista" he smirked, obviously making fun of me.

"I knew that you looked familiar. Hi, I'm Beomgyu, Soobin's best friend." The silver-haired boy, who now had a name, extended his arm for me to shake. I took it hesitantly and he beamed at me.

"Join us!" Beomgyu exclaimed.

"I'm sorry my shift isn't over yet." I looked down, feeling a bit intimated, now that Soobin was glaring at me.

"Are they your friends, Yeonjun?" Mr. Min shouted from across the counter. I wish he hadn't because, at that moment, Soobin sprung up and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Yes sir. We go to the same school. Is it okay if Hyung sits with us for a while?" He smiled a very innocent smile.

"Of course he can. Have a great time kids" Mr. Min winked at me and disappeared in the kitchen.

.
For the next 15 minutes, all I did was sit and listen to Beomgyu talk about his day. Apparently, Soobin and Beomgyu were part of the school swim team and were preparing for some sort of inter-school swim meet. I nodded here and there and tried to look as interested as possible but what bothered me was the constant glares Soobin was throwing in my direction. I tried to ignore it but I had started getting uncomfortable.

"Are you guys done yet? My break is almost over." I blurted out, face-palming myself mentally for sounding so annoyed.

"Ah yes yes sorry to bother you Hyung" For some reason, Beomgyu had dropped formalities and had restored to calling me hyung because Soobin's friend was his friend and then went on to explain how close they were, almost like real brothers. I tried telling him that I wasn't Soobin's friend but Beomgyu wasn't listening to me.

"I hope we will hang out again later. It was nice meeting you finally." Beomgyu hugged me, something I didn't do often.

"Yeah...nice..." I heard soobin mumble under his breath. What was his problem? If he was so bothered by me, he shouldn't have asked me to join them in the first place!

"See you tomorrow hyung. I'll wait for you in the library." With that, the duo turned and left, leaving me feeling exhausted.

For the rest of the day, all I could focus on was how Soobin acted around me. I knew he was a douchbag to almost everyone but he had some different sort of hatred towards me. It felt as if he couldn't stand being anywhere near me.

Ugh, if only I wasn't his tutor, I wouldn't have to deal with that jerk every single day.

_______________________________________

Our cute Cafe owner, Mr. Min ><

That's Heeseung, another part timer~

That's it for this chapter! Hope you are liking it so far! Will try to update 2 times a week but no promises lol ;)

Do comment down your views and feel free to correct my mistakes, if any!
Also, vote if you want to. It would mean a lot!!

Sarangahe💙💚